FSL for V4.2 Tomorrow

1 minute ago, tooting said:

Happy wife, happy life 

Take her out Dave

Ditto.

• Upvote 1

- Aaron

Going off topic.. 

I had to call a Trss training captain  out once for a duty.  He'd had a somewhat checkered reputation with the ladies. 

I asked him if the address on the system was correct as we where sending a taxi to his home address to pick him up.

He replied

"I own 4 houses and don't live in any of them" 

He was on his 3rd Wife. 

Moral of the the story, for that one night, take her out to Valentines Day... 

14ppkc-6.png

I'm 54 years married to the same girl...

She gets chocs & a card every Valentines Day, that's just once a year, (ok, birthdays also) but I get to fly

the FSL 'bus EVERY DAY !

(I'm retired)

Regards

Bill

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, tooting said:

Going off topic.. 

I had to call a Trss training captain  out once for a duty.  He'd had a somewhat checkered reputation with the ladies. 

I asked him if the address on the system was correct as we where sending a taxi to his home address to pick him up.

He replied

"I own 4 houses and don't live in any of them" 

He was on his 3rd Wife. 

Moral of the the story, for that one night, take her out to Valentines Day... 

Am cooking here a meal Pete. Ofc she will alway come first.:biggrin:

----------

Back on topic :cool:  Hopefully will install it tonight and do my normal FPS test. It will not be so much the FPS number but hopefully like BB stream last night the FPS will be like the NG/777 and not jumping all over the place when everything is turned on and up and running. It looked great in his stream last night. I asked BB if he had updated content and he said No only Client......but read on...

Now about version.

Yes Andrew did say and logic says it was made for v4.1 , but Lefteris has now stated that we need 4.2 and that's Client and content.

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/15936-feb-2018-update-discussion-thread/&do=findComment&comment=121481

So last night I deleted Client and then content. Rebooted. Installed Client and then Content. Rebooted. Installed update to AS-PTA-FSUIP.

Started P3D v4.2 ran by FPS test with the NG and not 1 FPS more and not 1 less. Got the GLJ up and sat at 7000ft at 250kt and checked texture loading and stutters. All perfect.

So I personally see no need to hold back on updating these 2.

Also I noticed in setting you can now tick a box to hide green text bar.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Not yet, the NG is what Dave is referring to.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

It will not be released today.  Something else came up they will give more news later.

Sean Green

At least I have tonight to get 4.2 up and running since we now know that will be required.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

So, maybe tomorrow A320 Update and the Maddog at the same time.

Ouch :biggrin:

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

5 minutes ago, Litmoose said:

At least it'll save a few marriages

brillant 

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

7 minutes ago, sgreen91 said:

It will not be released today.  Something else came up they will give more news later.

Let the moaning begin! Hehe.  Look forward to reading all the ways the FSL team will be chastised for not releasing it today...how many fake "call in sick" days they ruined for so many simmers so wrapped up with this bus that they feel life is over if they have to delay their plans to fly it by a few days or so. :laugh:

If I taught a psych class, I'd tell my students to read the FSL forum specifically posts from Lefteris and the subsequent replies for a good example of how people react to changes in how they "expect" life should run. :biggrin:    

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

28 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

So, maybe tomorrow A320 Update and the Maddog at the same time.

Ouch :biggrin:

They said the 20th for the MadDog....unless that a FSL 20th then it could be 21st:laugh: or 22nd.....or 23rd...or...:biggrin:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip