Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

FSL for V4.2 Tomorrow

50 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Please stop doing this ... you know it's not accurate, I know it's not accurate, the developers know it's not accurate, so why do you keep presenting this over and over?  I'm LM's Global Moderator, I've been on the Beta's from V2 to V3 toV4, I see the developers working with LM and LM working with developers.  I honestly don't understand why you keep presenting this false information ... what does it do for you?

Cheers, Rob.

because as a customer I dont get how the 2 biggest names in addon aircraft say they've only just realised their products dont work with the 4.2 version which you say they had for ages.  see what im getting at. Its like a big surprise for them it doesnt work.

14ppkc-6.png

12 minutes ago, tooting said:

because as a customer I dont get how the 2 biggest names in addon aircraft say they've only just realised their products dont work with the 4.2 version which you say they had for ages.  see what im getting at. Its like a big surprise for them it doesnt work.

Get a grip, man. It's a computer program - you know in the end the required fixes will come. There are bigger issues in the world to be concerned with than a couple of aircraft add-ons for a computer game. Geez...

• Upvote 4

David Porrett

8 minutes ago, tooting said:

As RSR said, LM made a last minute change that affected their 747. Doesn't mean they have not been involved with LM. Whether you "don't get how" frankly is irrelevant. 

• Upvote 3

Eric 

3 hours ago, ganter said:

I expect he's seen revenues drop. 

That's the only reason I can think of why he'd increase communications. It's called panic.

Tempted to say more...but I won't. No panic there, rest assured. Enjoy the update, once it's available :happy:

• Upvote 1

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

4 hours ago, tooting said:

I dont get how the 2 biggest names in addon aircraft say they've only just realised their products dont work with the 4.2 version which you say they had for ages.

Because LM don't sit back and twiddle their thumbs and wait for Beta testers to report bugs once they release a beta or RC build.  It would be extremely expensive and a huge waste of resources to have developers sit and wait for content providers to provide feedback and then only react when feedback is given.  During my several decades of software engineering there has never ever been a moment in time where I can sit back and say "I'm done" ... there is always, and I do mean always more to do at any given moment it time.  LM continue working, they add features, they proceed on "Future development plans beyond 4.2", they fix more bugs, sometimes a bug fix causes other bugs, and cycle continues all the way up until the last few days before release.  If something came out in those last few days that content providers didn't have time to test/check then they have to work changes post release.

As a customer also, there is nothing in my EULA with FSLabs that suggest:

1.  They have to provide me any updates
2.  They have to provide updates within a specific period of time

You might want to check your FSL EULA and see what you can and can't claim "as a customer".

It would be impossible for 3rd party to do a complete 100% systems test of their product on every single Beta drop and RC drop during a minor version cycle especially when the cycles become more frequent (as in a few days) towards final RC.

Cheers, Rob.  

They have noted a number of external dynamic effects but very disappointed no window/rain effects. I'd gladly give up everyone of those external effects for window/rain effects.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Funny, everytime I see this topic in the forumlist I am reminded of the sign which can be seen hanging on the walls of some pubs: 

Freebeertomorrow837e1.jpg

:biggrin:

hanging thirsty in the (never ending) loop...

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

23 minutes ago, tumtiddle said:

Cheers Karl.

Thank you and the team for all the hard work, so looking forward to it.:biggrin:

"Tomorrow" Released :biggrin::cool:

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I'm happy to report performance with this FSLabs A320 update is outstanding in P3D V4.2.  The new effects are brilliant, from the APU startup and haze to contrails...still refreshing myself on the manuals.

Cheers, Rob.

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I'm happy to report performance with this FSLabs A320 update is outstanding in P3D V4.2.  The new effects are brilliant, from the APU startup and haze to contrails...still refreshing myself on the manuals.

Same here, really good update!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------