Sign in to follow this  
sonebone

Problem with default A321

Hi to all and thanks for any help.......My problem is that for some reason the default A321 planes are not showing up when you try selecting them. I put on many add on textures cant find any. Bad Aircraft file? If so how can I replace without ruining my setup?

Thanks 

Hopefully you entered the data in the aircraft.cfg correctly.  If they do not show up, that's usually the cause.  When you add repaints, this is usually not done for you and you have to do this manually.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for the replies, I have not used the defaults since I have a ton of after mkt aircraft but for some reason started flying the 737-800 and enjoyed it so I figured I would download a ton of default textures for the grins and add them in to all the defaults....I am well familiar with the aircraft file and how to add textures...I like to play around by filling in my own manufacturer spot so I can easily differentiate the different airlines...whatever you fill in for manufacturer is what will come up in aircraft selection but in this case nothing is coming up for any of them not even #0 or 1 which is why I am thinking of bad aircraft file (if that's even possible?)...I am stumped all other defaults work great...guess I'll go back to Overland or Aerosoft or Project airbus for A321 so I have options lol but I would really like to get the default going ..How can I get a complete virgin default A321 aircraft?  Maybe if I cut and replace and start again .....Thanks

BTW Jim nice rig....your over clocking to get 4.5 right?....Even though I have water cooling I can get up to 4.2 but that's about it and that's with OC. I hate having to OC bad on the chip

sonebone - You need to look your A321 aircraft.cfg file over closely, something got lost in adding textures. Need a copy to compare yours to? I can try to copy mine over (section that would prevent them from showing) and you might see an entry or lack of an entry that is preventing them from showing?

Just a suggestion! Let me know - Rick

• Upvote 1

Sonebone - One thing to look for, Sim, model, panel and sound cannot differ from the default aircraft. On my config, .0 thru .3 are the default aircraft, .4 thru .7 are the add-ons textures

Good luck, you will find the problem! - Rick

[fltsim.0]
title=Airbus A321 Paint2
sim=Airbus_A321
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=2
kb_checklists=AirbusA321_check
kb_reference=AirbusA321_ref
atc_id=F-MSAB
atc_airline=World Travel
atc_flight_number=
ui_manufacturer="Airbus"
ui_type="A321"
ui_variation="World Travel Airlines"
ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner"
ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"
description="The Airbus A321 is a stretched version of Airbus’ best-selling short- and medium-range A320. The A321 has a slightly increased wing area, stronger landing gear with larger tires, and engines with increased thrust. When the A321 entered service in 1988, it pioneered the use of “glass cockpit” instrumentation, the first digital fly-by-wire control system used in an airliner, and sidestick controllers."

[fltsim.1]
title=Airbus A321 Paint4
sim=Airbus_A321
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=4
atc_id=I-HKSN
atc_airline=Orbit
atc_flight_number=
ui_manufacturer="Airbus"
ui_type="A321"
ui_variation="Orbit Airlines"
description="The Airbus A321 is a stretched version of Airbus’ best-selling short- and medium-range A320. The A321 has a slightly increased wing area, stronger landing gear with larger tires, and engines with increased thrust. When the A321 entered service in 1988, it pioneered the use of “glass cockpit” instrumentation, the first digital fly-by-wire control system used in an airliner, and sidestick controllers."

[fltsim.2]
title=Airbus A321 Paint5
sim=Airbus_A321
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=5
atc_id=JA-3297
atc_airline=Pacifica
atc_flight_number=
ui_manufacturer="Airbus"
ui_type="A321"
ui_variation="Pacifica Airlines"

[fltsim.3]
title=Airbus A321
sim=Airbus_A321
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=
atc_id=F-X395
atc_airline=
atc_flight_number=
ui_manufacturer="Airbus"
ui_type="A321"
ui_variation="White"

[fltsim.4]
title=Airbus A321 Air New Zealand
sim=Airbus_A321
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=lotr
atc_id=F-X395
atc_airline=New Zealand
atc_flight_number=406
ui_manufacturer="Airbus"
ui_type="A321"
ui_variation="Air New Zealand"

[fltsim.5]
title=Airbus A321 US Airways
sim=Airbus_A321
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=usairways
atc_id=N168US
atc_airline=US Air
atc_flight_number=406
ui_manufacturer="Airbus"
ui_type="A321"
ui_variation="US Airways"

[fltsim.6]
title=Airbus A321 American Airlines Ex AWE
sim=Airbus_A321
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=American
atc_id=
atc_airline=American
atc_flight_number=448
ui_manufacturer="Airbus"
ui_type="A321"
ui_variation="American Airlines"
description="The Airbus A321 is a stretched version of Airbusí best-selling short- and medium-range A320. The A321 has a slightly increased wing area, stronger landing gear with larger tires, and engines with increased thrust. When the A321 entered service in 1988, it pioneered the use of ìglass cockpitî instrumentation, the first digital fly-by-wire control system used in an airliner, and sidestick controllers.Repainted by Christopher Gregg"

[fltsim.7]
title=Airbus A321 JetBlue Airlines
sim=Airbus_A321
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=jet
atc_id=
atc_airline=Jet Blue
atc_flight_number=448
ui_manufacturer=Airbus
ui_type="A321"
ui_variation=JetBlue Airlines

[General]
atc_type=AIRBUS
atc_model=A321
editable=0
performance="Cruise Speed\n0.80 Mach  530 mph 828 km\/h\n\nEngine options\nGeneral Electric CFM56-5B3 30,000 lb thrust\n\nMaximum Range\n2,454 nm  4,352 km\n\nService Ceiling\n41,000 ft  12,497 m\n\nFuel Capacity\n52,500 lb  198,675 kg\n\nEmpty Weight\n105,906 lb  48,139 kg\n\nMaximum Gross Weight\n205,000 lb  93,181 kg\n\nLength\n146 ft  44.51 m\n\nWingspan\n111 ft, 10 in 34.09 m\n\nHeight\n38 ft, 7 in  11.76 m\n\nSeating (typical configuration)\n186"
Category = airplane

sonebone - I looked hard for this before sending the cfg file. This is quoted from a Charliearon post from a previous thread:

UPDATE:  Things to watch out for when adding repaints:

1.  Make sure the model= (in each [fltsim.xx] is the same).

2.  Make sure panel =( is the same).

3.  Make sure texture=(matches exactly how the folder is labeled).

4.  Make sure the sim=( Is the same)

5.  title= must have something different in the line.

Hope you find your aircraft! I am sure it is something simple, just something to make you work harder finding it!

Rick

Edited by RGus

1 hour ago, RGus said:

Enjoy your A321's, I do mine!

Believe it or not, I just discovered today that the default A-321 has autoland capabilities.  I just did a hands-off landing at KSFO runway 28 right.   I let the autopilot, in conjunction with the ILS/Glideslope and proper flaps, autothrottle speed setting, bring me down to the runway with a near perfect landing. 

Learn sumptin new every day!:blink:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

You're the man, Charlie! Imagine, next time you'll be doing it with a cup of coffee in your hand. I haven't tried that one yet! I wished that would work for the B777 line!