Sign in to follow this  
Hilkiah

menu selection problem after P3D v4.2 upgrade

Still having the issue and LM still didn't respond to my post over there...

On 2/14/2018 at 0:04 AM, Hilkiah said:

Since upgrading to P3D v4.2 I'm having some weird menu selection issues.  The below video shows the problem when selecting the GSX menu (also happens with Pro ATC menu).  

First time menu simply appears and then disappears a split second later without giving the user a chance to select anything.  However an option is selected!  Second time, the menu stays on screen awaiting selection.  Problem can be replicated a few minutes later. 

Anyone else seen this?

From your video, it looks like your missing some fonts on the IRS indicator.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

LM responded to my post. They have made changes to SimConnect and every addon that uses SimConnect needs to be updated to be compatible with 4.2. So addons like ProATC and GSX, that don't need updates according to the developers, actually DO need updates. The beta of AS as it is now does work with 4.2 but they obviously didn't pay attention to the parts that have to do with SimConnect. I posted on their forum if they are planning to look at it.

As it is now we are stuck... LM won't fix this because developers need to fix this but some developers say nothing is wrong with their product... Ping-pong.

Someone on the ProATC forum found a workaround that works for me but probably not for the OP. In my case the window for Active Sky wouldn't work. I had changed the shortcut to 7 (the key above the Y and U). After resetting it to the default Control-F11 the window worked again! Turns out the SimConnect window has issues when you use the keys 1 to 0 for shortcuts! Assigning any other key solves this!

In my case simply using the menu also works btw. The OP also had problems with this so there might be something else going on with GSX and ProATC but at least for Active Sky it works to either use the menu or to NOT use the 1 to 0 keys!

Update.

This is how I am getting around this issue.  First I use the Add-ons menu to access the Active Sky menu.  This causes the vanishing menu to appear and disappear.  However for a few seconds afterward you can safely access the Pro ATC (or GSX) menu (i.e. the menu stays on screen).  Thus whenever I need to access Pro ATC (or GSX...or even AS), I first try accessing the AS menu and then access my desired menu shortly afterward.  Its obviously not a very clean solution, but rather a temporary patch!

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

On 16/2/2018 at 6:47 PM, J van E said:

LM responded to my post. They have made changes to SimConnect and every addon that uses SimConnect needs to be updated to be compatible with 4.2. So addons like ProATC and GSX, that don't need updates according to the developers, actually DO need updates

I cannot possibly know about other addons, but I assure you GSX doesn't require ANY update. I've seen the reply you got on LM forum, but I think it was more a general reply about being sure your addons were updated, it doesn't really mean they are sure that *all* addons you listed requires updates.

In fact, this bug came up during the beta, and LM fixed it very quickly and, they said to developers it required a Content update, not that we had to update our apps to support changes to Simconnect, because there were none related to the menu, and after the fixed it, all affected apps (GSX, SODE, etc.) started to work again with no changes required on our part.

Could be that you upgrade to P3D 4.2 using just the Client ? If yes, try to update the Content as well. I always update P3D using the full installer, which might explain why I cannot see any issues.

For me I updated client, then content then scenery.  Also I am 100% certain that this problem wasn't there with v4.1.  Whatever is causing the problem affects the Active Sky Menu, GSX menu and Pro ATC menu.  Non in game windows (e.g. FSL spotlight or FSUIPC, or RAAS don't seem to be affected).  If Simconnect is used by the former 3, then it is a good candidate for the culprit.

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

My disappointment is greater, I still do not know if the problem is with ENVTEX-RESHADE or Active sky Beta. With day flight there are no problems. Night is a punishment.

Night flight

2eezx8h.jpg

6oq5wo.jpg

Day flight

eb4tg0.jpg

Not at all  :(

sxc8l5.jpg

BR

Manolix

Did you delete the shader cache after you upgraded???

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

I just deleted the old backup folder in ENVTEX.

P3D and everything else are a fresh install. No update.

Did you update Envtek/Envdir?  There's an update/patch which came out after v4.2.

Also is that problem happening an all  your airports or a specific one or those from a specific developer?

Lastly I would uninstall, Envtek and then reinstall P3D and test.  If all is well then reinstall Envtek and test.

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

Envtek 1.1.3

Envshade 1.0.2

Envdir 1.1.2.1  I deleted them and the problem persisted.

I will reinstall everything again. I will have a long long night.
Maybe my mistake was to have left the ORBX folder. I was too lazy to install everything from the FTX Central because the servers are very slow.
All again and I will communicate when finished.

Check out this link:

It shows you how to deal with ORBX after the upgrade

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

14 minutes ago, Hilkiah said:

Check out this link:

It shows you how to deal with ORBX after the upgrade

Interesting I followed that link several days ago after updated and my ORBX scenery are still messed up. No apron, taxiway and runway textures, no grass, everything is flat. I am wondering what went wrong or is this something to do with FTX Central. Looks like they are still testing it. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”