Sign in to follow this  
Hilkiah

menu selection problem after P3D v4.2 upgrade

Well it’s known that 5.123 causes issues with v4.2 and the recommendation is to use 5.122 until Pete returns from vacation and releases a new working version.

Rodrigo are you saying that you had a similar texture corruption issue and downgrading to fsuipc 5.121 solved it?

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

I also have ASP4, GSX and other simconnect addons. No problem with any of them using FSUIPC 5.121. Have not tried 5.122 though.

I have updated both Client AND Content, and applied all the new patches and updates for the addons.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I had the same issue and a few others but managed to fix by deleting the generated files.  Go to the main P3D folder, click on "delete generated folders" wait for the black box to close.  Restart the sim.  you have to re-enter your settings but this fixed it for me (or at least it has appeared to).  FSUIPC 5.122

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I have never used the ‘delete generated files’ command.  My fear is that all Addons except those which utilize the Addons.xml setup will have to be setup again.  Question, which are the critical cfg files that should be backed up before running the delete command?

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

This is a very frustrating issue. I open GSX and request boarding and everything is fine. Once that is complete i bring up the GSX menu again to request pushback and it quickly flashes and automatically requests deboarding. This has only happened since upgrading to 4.2. After confirming its not related to FSUIPC it then becomes more frustrating. We have FSDT saying there is nothing wrong there end and no update is needed, We then have Lockheed saying changes to SimConnect were made and developers need updates to be compatible with 4.2 This is just going round and round in circles and no one seems to know what to do to fix it. 

This workaround is a huge pain, but I'm now just using the mouse to select menu options to avoid this issue. Hope there's a fix ASAP.

8 hours ago, Mejjo said:

not related to FSUIPC

I've used FSUIPC 5.1.21 (non registered) and had the same issue with GSX/ASP4. After deleting all FSUIPC files in my v4 installation folder this didn't reoccur. Umberto from FSDT states that he doesn't use FSUIPC and without it everything works fine - as I can affirm.

Regards,

Johannes Butz

CPU: Intel i5 7600k @4.6Ghz Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @3.2Ghz Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Sound: M-Audio Super DAC II fixed @16bit 44.1Khz

2 hours ago, elButz said:

I've used FSUIPC 5.1.21 (non registered) and had the same issue with GSX/ASP4. After deleting all FSUIPC files in my v4 installation folder this didn't reoccur. Umberto from FSDT states that he doesn't use FSUIPC and without it everything works fine - as I can affirm.

Hey

That is strange as if i remove FSUIPC i still have the issue. 

11 hours ago, Mejjo said:

We have FSDT saying there is nothing wrong there end and no update is needed, We then have Lockheed saying changes to SimConnect were made and developers need updates to be compatible with 4.2 This is just going round and round in circles and no one seems to know what to do to fix it. 

The various reports from several users that either didn't had the problem to begin with, or had the problem, but fixed it in several ways, such as using the "delete generated files" command, or reverting to an older FSUIPC version, should be proof enough there's no update required for the affected applications, which are NOT just GSX, but any application that uses the Simconnect menu.

As I've said, the problem with the menu appeared at some time during the beta, and it was fixed by LM with a subsequent build, and they said it required the content update.

So, maybe, there are many issues connected, so you might have to do all of this:

- Install P3D using the Full installer, not just the Client

AND

- Don't use the latest FSUIPC

AND

- Try the "Delete Generated Files" option in the P3D folder.

The only thing SURE, it's nothing that has anything to do with GSX.

13 minutes ago, virtuali said:

The various reports from several users that either didn't had the problem to begin with, or had the problem, but fixed it in several ways, such as using the "delete generated files" command, or reverting to an older FSUIPC version, should be proof enough there's no update required for the affected applications, which are NOT just GSX, but any application that uses the Simconnect menu.

As I've said, the problem with the menu appeared at some time during the beta, and it was fixed by LM with a subsequent build, and they said it required the content update.

So, maybe, there are many issues connected, so you might have to do all of this:

- Install P3D using the Full installer, not just the Client

AND

- Don't use the latest FSUIPC

AND

- Try the "Delete Generated Files" option in the P3D folder.

The only thing SURE, it's nothing that has anything to do with GSX.

Hi

I have tried all of these except the delete generated files. I've used this feature in the past and it completely screwed my third party addons and i had to reinstall all of them. I'm using a full install of 4.2 and have checked it with both FSUIPC and without. Its got to be an issue with P3D. 

Hi,

I've tried using the "delete generated files". After I did it I ran EZCA2 config.exe, installed fsuipc 5.122 and added my backed up scenery.cfg. I've changed back all the settings manually. The problem is still here tho..

I just tested (after running the delete generated files script) and unfortunately the same thing happens!  Worse still my addons are all screwed up!!!!!!!!!!!  A bit word not allowed at that.

I am going to try one more thing.  I am going to delete all the file sin my p3d root\modules folder (which are all FSUIPC related and test....

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

3 minutes ago, Hilkiah said:

I just tested (after running the delete generated files script) and unfortunately the same thing happens!  Worse still my addons are all screwed up!!!!!!!!!!!  A bit word not allowed at that.

I am going to try one more thing.  I am going to delete all the file sin my p3d root\modules folder (which are all FSUIPC related and test....

Ouch.. I wish you had seen my post above about the deleting generated files... I did that before and it completely screwed my addons. I'm now totally lost at what to do to fix this. Lockheed just keep referring me to the debugging steps. They simply refuse to accept that it might be something with P3D. 

D

4 minutes ago, Mejjo said:

Ouch.. I wish you had seen my post above about the deleting generated files... I did that before and it completely screwed my addons. I'm now totally lost at what to do to fix this. Lockheed just keep referring me to the debugging steps. They simply refuse to accept that it might be something with P3D. 

Do you use chaseplane?

Hilkiah G. Lavinier