Sign in to follow this  
joepoway

P3Dv4.2 VR Single Pass Rendering Flashing Artifact Issue

Well I installed the latest client version of P3Dv4.2 did the usual deletes of .cfg and shader files updated all the necessary add-on stuff and everything worked fine. I then tried out the VR mode with my Oculus Rift and again all looked very good but really no different then v4.1 in Native VR mode. Then I enabled the Single Pass Rendering option in the drop down and started having very strange visual artifacts as I turned my head. Things like ships showing up in the KSAN airport and KLGA for instance they would come and go as I turned my head. Several other strange artifacts would also randomly appear in the distance or on runways as well. As soon as I toggle back to Stereo Rendering mode they go away. I tried several airports with and without add-ons such as Flightbeam and Orbx and it made no difference. I turned on and off UTL no difference. I disabled FSUIPC no difference. I installed the latest Nvidia drivers no difference. I opened and closed Oculus Home and turned on and off ASW with the Oculus debug tool and again no difference.

I only have Orbx FTX Global Base Pack and openLC North America installed but did do the update before installing and opened it after installing to ensure it updated.

It seems the "Single pass rendering" feature that I was so excited about from a system impact perspective isn't working correctly on my system. Here's the link to my questions on the P3D forum to understand how it works:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6306&t=128467

So has anyone else seen this behavior when they deployed the single pass rendering option?

Thanks in advance

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

I have the same issue. LM recommends that we use the latest NVIDIA drivers with VR, but Oculus says we should use 388.59 or earlier (which is the one I am using). Which driver version do you have installed?

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Yes I am having the same issue custom autogen is suddenly zooming in on you as you look around at least that what it seems to be if you are moving head its difficult to see what it is happening looks like weird tearing . Keep your head still and you can make out objects like ships power stations etc. Have not had time to fault find yet . Only had half an hour flying time  since downloading 4.2 . I'm hoping this can be made to work because single pass could potentially be great.

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Where does Oculus say we should use legacy drivers?

I have Oculus Beta 2 with the latest NVidia drivers (GTX 1080) and it works like a charm. Very smooth and no major issues.

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

1 minute ago, twojastara said:

Where Oculus says we should use legacy drivers?

I have Oculus Beta 2 with the latest NVidia drivers (GTX 1080) and it works like a charm. Very smooth and no major issues.

On the forum (https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/62069/black-screen-on-rift-be-sure-to-use-nvidia-driver-388-59) and on the support page itself.

Regardless, I have just updated to the latest 390.77 drivers and I still experience texture flashes and multiple glitches/artifacts when looking around.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

15 minutes ago, cannow said:

Yes I am having the same issue custom autogen is suddenly zooming in on you as you look around at least that what it seems to be if you are moving head its difficult to see what it is happening looks like weird tearing . Keep your head still and you can make out objects like ships power stations etc. Have not had time to fault find yet . Only had half an hour flying time  since downloading 4.2 . I'm hoping this can be made to work because single pass could potentially be great.

When Autogen is loading up in batches then your system is too busy with outer things. You can only prevent this with lower settings, faster hardware and precise system tuning.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Sorry this is not the case artefacts are only present at gate flying no issue autogen has loaded and I have a high end system with graphics settings low  .only present when using single view vr.

Colin hodds

6 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

When Autogen is loading up in batches then your system is too busy with outer things. You can only prevent this with lower settings, faster hardware and precise system tuning.

I understand your advise but I’m sure this is not the case I have a high end machine with reduced settings and know all the system impact tricks.

This only happens when using the new Single Pass Rendering mode it toggles on and off when I switch to Stereo mode which is more demanding and doesn’t happen with FlyInside use.

I didn’t try the 388.59 drivers mentioned by Oculus in the link above but I’m using the latest Nvidia drivers now but at at first I was using my solid 385.69 drivers and the weird object tearing didn’t change. 

The one thing I haven’t done is upgrade to the Win 10 Pro 1705 fall creators new version I am still running the previous 1703 version. Additionally I’m not running the new Oculus Dash beta version yet either.

There is clearly something conflicting with the new rendering approach that seems to place scenery objects from a close but not correct location very briefly in a tearing fashion on to of the stable correct scenery but only when you translate your head. It can be seen within a couple hundred feet of the aircraft as well as in the distance depending where you’re at.

Hopefully we can find a solution because system impact on the CPU is supposed to be significantly reduced with this new approach

For those interested in this new issue here’s the link to our discussion going on over on the P3D forum:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=174924#p174924

Joe

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Single pass stereo mode with my oculus results in black darkness and red dots and green dots.. maybe its my nvidia version.. unsure.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

On 2/14/2018 at 0:31 AM, GCBraun said:

On the forum (https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/62069/black-screen-on-rift-be-sure-to-use-nvidia-driver-388-59) and on the support page itself.

Regardless, I have just updated to the latest 390.77 drivers and I still experience texture flashes and multiple glitches/artifacts when looking around.

I was wondering if you opted in on the Orbx Fastlane beta FTX option that installs Objectflow 2 and other things I’m sure?

I had not been using that with P3Dv4.1 and all seemed well. I had previously updated FTX for version 4 but I thought I read it was necessary to opt in for Fastlane beta for v4.2 so I did log into my Orbx account and opt in and ran FTX central again and now I have the P3D and Xplane options i didn’t see both and I assume it installed the beta version of objectflow 2 or was this already there when I previously updated FTX Central for v4?

Since these objects that appear seem to be full new objects just placed in weird locations I’m wondering if this could be the problem?

Please let me know what version on FTX Central you are running, did you opt into Fastlane as well?

Thanks in advance

Joe

2 hours ago, joepoway said:

I was wondering if you opted in on the Orbx Fastlane beta FTX option that installs Objectflow 2 and other things I’m sure?

I had not been using that with P3Dv4.1 and all seemed well. I had previously updated FTX for version 4 but I thought I read it was necessary to opt in for Fastlane beta for v4.2 so I did log into my Orbx account and opt in and ran FTX central again and now I have the P3D and Xplane options i didn’t see both and I assume it installed the beta version of objectflow 2 or was this already there when I previously updated FTX Central for v4?

Since these objects that appear seem to be full new objects just placed in weird locations I’m wondering if this could be the problem?

Please let me know what version on FTX Central you are running, did you opt into Fastlane as well?

Thanks in advance

Joe

As an edit to my above statement FTX Central auto rolled me to version 3.2.3.0 when the objectflow issues were resolved and made stable to enable airports in P3Dv4. After updating my client to P3Dv4.2   I opted into the Orbx fastlane option to get the latest updates which was v3.2.5.4  Since I was having this issue of objects appearing I thought that may have been the cause so I opted out of fastlane and followed the Orbx instructions to get me back to the stable v3.2.3.0 but the issue is still present.

Kayla, one of the developers over at LM, can't replicate the issue but many are reporting the same thing as I see and I have even attached photos that have ships appearing at the KSAN terminals similar to others.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=174924#p174924

At this point the only recommendation is to uninstall all add-ons one at a time and I'm not up for that. Since writing this I did uninstall all Orbx and turned Off UTL but still same issues Ships at KSAN and building roofs at EGLL where I have no Orbx stuff, ouch... I was hoping one of these may have been causing the inserted scenery.

Anyone else finding any possible solutions for the Single Pass Rendering Mode issue?

Thanks in advance 

Joe

Sorry exactly same issue only at airports not flying cannot yet find an answer. Will try deactivateing everything but may be a couple of days till I get to it . Busy at work.

Colin hodds

1 hour ago, cannow said:

Sorry exactly same issue only at airports not flying cannot yet find an answer. Will try deactivateing everything but may be a couple of days till I get to it . Busy at work.

Thanks for the response.

If you look closely you will see things when flying, I was focusing on the frequent and obvious airport scenery invasions but did some flying and buildings will pop in the distance on occasion that shouldn't be there also.

Joe

Hey Guys!

I’m having the same issue in VR with the Oculus. I finally got the Superbug to work right using native VR with P3D V4.2. I am now getting weird visuals when approaching and landing on the carriers. When I’m on the overhead at 800 feet, I can see the support structures of the ship, but not the deck! What the Hell is that?! :) The actual markings of the deck slowly appear as I’m coming over the ramp! Once I turn off to a CAT, I can see elevation issues on the deck itself. Objects on the deck appear and disappear as I move my head around. Any idea what that is and how I may be abled to fix it? Reinstalling AICarriers2 and the Nimitz did not help. Is also happening with the acceleration carrier as well. I’ve never seen anything like that before! I’m running the latest NVidia driver with a 1080. I can’t run that addon with Flyinside because is not compatable. The frame rates and studdering are all over the place. I’m getting really good performance in native VR with some minor studderings.

Ray

5 hours ago, Bones309th said:

Hey Guys!

I’m having the same issue in VR with the Oculus. I finally got the Superbug to work right using native VR with P3D V4.2. I am now getting weird visuals when approaching and landing on the carriers. When I’m on the overhead at 800 feet, I can see the support structures of the ship, but not the deck! What the Hell is that?! :) The actual markings of the deck slowly appear as I’m coming over the ramp! Once I turn off to a CAT, I can see elevation issues on the deck itself. Objects on the deck appear and disappear as I move my head around. Any idea what that is and how I may be abled to fix it? Reinstalling AICarriers2 and the Nimitz did not help. Is also happening with the acceleration carrier as well. I’ve never seen anything like that before! I’m running the latest NVidia driver with a 1080. I can’t run that addon with Flyinside because is not compatable. The frame rates and studdering are all over the place. I’m getting really good performance in native VR with some minor studderings.

Ray

Hi Ray

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6306&t=128492&sid=ca625fd1e917ade140d527d372f13469

Here’s the link to the P3D forum where I began this topic and you can read where it’s at but the bottom line is there’s an issue with Single Pass Rendering  Mode in VR with P3Dv4.2. They are working on it. Since the only real benefit for me was the improved frame rates with Single Pass vs Stereo Mode and it doesn’t work well enough for me I and many of my friends went back to v4.1 and use FlyInside.

Please read other the posts on the forum link above, you aren’t alone and Beau from LM knows there’s an issue.

I look forward to them resolving the outstanding issues because Single Pass does provide a performance boost. I have also been in conversation with Dan at FI and they will also be looking into incorporating SPR but they actually use their own rendering not LM. If you want to use v4.2 then I would recommend picking Stereo Mode or go back as I did to v4.1 which doesn’t even have SPR.

Good Luck

Joe