Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[14FEB18] Prepar3D v4.2 release and resulting "issues" it brings...

Captains,

We are involved in testing with Lockheed Martin and the Prepar3D platform, and as such we are able to test all of our products against their test builds long before you receive them.  With the 4.2 testing, we found no issues to be concerned with and as such we had no problems to report to Lockheed Martin prior to the release of P3D v4.2.

NORMALLY this means a smooth release for you all as far as our products go- but it appears not to be the case this time around.  We are running the pre-release version of P3D v4.2 and the version released to customers, and the results are not the same- which causes us to believe something "got broke" in the P3D v4.2 release.

We have a number of reports to our support team that customers who have upgraded to v4.2 are seeing various "black screen and/or CTD" issues when launching a flight from the create-flight menu.  Some customers report the issue to be intermittent.

EVERY customer we have worked with directly in support has reported back that if they do have trouble with the 747, creating the flight using one of the default airplanes and THEN switching to the 747 cures it, and the airplane behaves normally.

We are investigating the issue and we will let you know what we find.  At this juncture we aren't sure if something in P3D v4.2 changed that requires a fix for the 747, or if something in the Pr3D v4.2 platform broke, and the platform requires an update.  These are two distinctly different problems because we control one, and we do not control the other.

Once we know for certain, we will shout out here- and of course it goes without saying that if the problem is just that the 747 requires a change in order to run with v4.2 we will get that done as quickly as we can. 

Fortunately- whatever the issue is, it doesn't prevent you from using the airplane.

This has happened before, you may recall- and it will get resolved pretty quickly, we think.

Stay tuned for more information.

• Upvote 29

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks Robert.

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I thought I had done something wrong with updating to 4.2, I was trying to figure out why every other aircraft loaded perfectly fine, but the 747 just caused a CTD without any error in Event Viewer. 

Thanks for the update, Robert.

PMDG, is as always on point.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I'm having problems with the DC-6 after the P3Dv4.2 update.

I can't get any power to the radios or GPS. They show as "on", but they're dead. I've tried toggling the generators on/off, various FE startup options etc. - and I always load a default P3D aircraft first (Maule).

As far as I can make out, everything else appears OK. My only other PMDG aircraft - the B737 NGX - seems fine too.

All other add-on aircraft seem to be having themselves as well - and I'm not having any other issues (I'm not running the very latest FSUIPC).

Adam.

EDIT: Slight problem with the B737: the pitot covers animate on/off continuously even when removed. Quite annoying!!!

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Another reason I'm staying away from this upgrade for a while.

Vic green

2 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I'm having problems with the DC-6 after the P3Dv4.2 update.

I can't get any power to the radios or GPS. They show as "on", but they're dead. I've tried toggling the generators on/off, various FE startup options etc. - and I always load a default P3D aircraft first (Maule).

As far as I can make out, everything else appears OK. My only other PMDG aircraft - the B737 NGX - seems fine too.

All other add-on aircraft seem to be having themselves as well - and I'm not having any other issues (I'm not running the very latest FSUIPC).

Adam.

EDIT: Slight problem with the B737: the pitot covers animate on/off continuously even when removed. Quite annoying!!!

Adam,

have you tried a reinstallation of the legacy simconnect versions? You find them in the redist folder in the P3D main directory. This solved several issues on my side. Also make sure P3D is excluded in your antivirus software.

Thanks for the update.  It's a workaround I can definitely live with.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

one of the issues seems to be related to the latest FSUIPC and there is a post in the forums at FSUIPC about it. Reverting to v 4.122 seems to have fixed it for many. I know i had severe stutters when it did load and many CTD's.... Now, i can fly again. I actually ended up doing a fresh install as i thought i had broken something, turns out its not my fault 'this time'