Sign in to follow this  
Gibbage

FSW Zenith 701 pulling onto main, ready for takeoff.

Its been a long time since I have been able to update the progress of my little pet project.  First, thank you all for your patience in waiting for this aircraft!  Soon, I will have lots to announce with this fun little peace of kit!  For now, some eye candy.  Please note that the textures are NOT final and many things are left to do on it (like animate the gauges), but this WILL give you an idea of the detail to expect, and what PBR shaders can bring to flight simming.  

zenith_701_19.jpg

More to come, including a video of the FIRST FLIGHT!  

• Upvote 10

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Looks really good. TBH I know nothing aboit the plane: can you point out some of its advantages over the cub?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

The Zenith is like a Cub on crack. Better performance, trike landing gear, lower stall speed, full gauge suite and a wide seating configuration.  I filmed a vr video with a pilot when I was doing research. This will tell you all you need. 

Kevin Miller 

• Upvote 1

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Video of the first flight. Anyone guess the airport?

Kevin Miller 

• Upvote 2

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

3 hours ago, fshobby said:

Nice vid. KPAE?

Winner!  Not that you won anything other than my admiration!  =)  I have flown out of KPAE many times in real life and love to fly out to Jeffco for some pie.  The Zenith 701 I flew for "testing" was out of Arlington.  I love flying around the PNW!  

• Upvote 1

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Some new eye candy of the Zenith.  Getting closer!  

zenith_701_24.jpg

zenith_701_23.jpg

• Like 2

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Looks terrific -  Love the bug splats on the nose and wing leading edges!

I don't know if you're the author of the 701 that was available in a much earlier version of XP, and that I flew a lot back then; but, either way, I'm very happy to see this version looking close to being available.  As a long-time admirer of this aircraft (and flyer of two different versions that friends of mine in the area own), I'm greatly looking forward to flying her once again. 

She's looking very good!  Beautiful, in fact.  The FSW engine does make for some very nice graphics.

If you need another test pilot, let me know.  Quite familiar with her flight behavior.  

Edited by Griphos

Very nice detail, love how the rivets look and all the little dings and scratches.

Barry Friedman

3 hours ago, Griphos said:

I don't know if you're the author of the 701 that was available in a much earlier version of XP, and that I flew a lot back then; but, either way, I'm very happy to see this version looking close to being available.  As a long-time admirer of this aircraft (and flyer of two different versions that friends of mine in the area own), I'm greatly looking forward to flying her once again. 

She's looking very good!  Beautiful, in fact.  The FSW engine does make for some very nice graphics.

If you need another test pilot, let me know.  Quite familiar with her flight behavior.  

I will be looking for real world pilots to help test it out.  Your name is on my list now!

Kevin

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer