Gerard's All months preset set : P3D v4.x

Posted (edited)

Preset 4.5 v16 June on it's way...

Above and below the clouds...

Saldo_4_4%20v16%20June%201.jpg

Saldo_4_4%20v16%20June%202.jpg

Edited by GSalden

@GSalden

i want to ask you how to insert your PTA Setting to NF.

must i  (install) the PTA preset when running NF or install before running NF.

Thanks from EDDM

Frank

3 hours ago, f.skywalker said:

@GSalden

i want to ask you how to insert your PTA Setting to NF.

must i  (install) the PTA preset when running NF or install before running NF.

Thanks from EDDM

Frank

That you should ask at the REX forum.

But I guess, you make sure that you have default Shaders installed, Then you install EF.

Then you apply your favorite PTA preset. Put SF in manual mode and use the sliders to finetune to your liking.

My preset uses expressions so it is Dynamic already. Therefore do not use EF Automated mode.

4 hours ago, f.skywalker said:

Thanks Gerald.

1. What will i lose when i stop the Automated Mode.

Frank

You will have to ask the REC team for that...

Hi Gerard,

I really appreciate your passion about to make presets but mine is super blue and I lost the nice green colour. Do you have any idea how can i get it back? otherwise all amazing: clouds, fps etc .

Thanks your help.

Attila 

You can change the Raleigh Scattering .Lower the value for blue.

Hello, I can not download because the link is broken for me, how can I download these presets?

Hey Gerard, July is almost over and you haven't updated your monthly presets.

I assume it being summer you have better things to do than to slack away indoors and tweak your sim settings for all of us to enjoy, just wanted to know if you still plan on giving further monthly presets for v4.5?

Posted (edited)

Hi,

instead of updating each month I am waiting  for Matt to release the new PTA.

Then I only need to release a basic preset + monthly settings list .

BTW : I am using the June preset and it looks great ( officially every preset is the 21th day of the month ) so it is still working fine

Heraklion - Crete 

Heraklion_LC.jpg

Edited by GSalden

V17 :  21 Jul - 20 Aug  is out...

See the first post

Tivat%201.jpg

• Like 1

@GSalden  Do you do any TS or Envshade presets? My gut feeling is PTA development is going to or already has ceased. Who knows how long, if ever, we will have to wait for an update to make it work with HF2.

Edited by B777ER

At this moment I only make PTA presets. I know how TS works, but making presets for 1 program is enough at this moment.

20 hours ago, GSalden said:

At this moment I only make PTA presets. I know how TS works, but making presets for 1 program is enough at this moment.

Understood. Well, hopefully if we get to say +30 days from time of HF2 release and no signs of the developer.or a PTA patch you will consider moving on to TS.

Applying preset E:\PTA\PTA-Saldo 4_4v15 All Months\6_PTA2-Saldo 4_5 v16 - Jun.ini...
ERROR applying preset: source file E:\PTA\SHADERS_BACKUP\General.fx is not original Prepar3D shader
ERROR applying preset: source file E:\PTA\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fx is not original Prepar3D shader
ERROR applying preset: source file E:\PTA\SHADERS_BACKUP\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl not found

I'm running P3Dv4.5HF2 and PTA 2.67. When I restore P3D original shaders and then apply the jun preset, i get these errors. I only updated the P3D client to HF2. How do I reset to restore the latest P3D HF2 shaders then apply the jun preset? Do I need to install the content or scenery? 

Thanks,

Bruce

16 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

content

I actually fixed it by deleting P3D shaders and backup, uninstalling then reinstalling the client, starting P3D once to build shaders, then reapplying the PTA preset. I had earlier done this to at least fix the HDR.hlsl issue so I don't know if that would have been fixed by the reinstall or not.

"The kludge/workaround to this is to copy the offending HDR.hlsl file from the [P3D] HLSL/PostProcess folder to the [PTA] /SHADERS_BACKUP/PostProcess folder."