Sign in to follow this  
gianmarcoragazzoni

Question about update to 4.2

Hi,

if I wanted to keep all the addons already installed on 4.1, is it possible to update the sim only? If so, do you only need to uninstall the 4.1 client from Windows and run and install the 4.2 client? So there should be no problems/conflicts with the addons already installed, right? Updating the client only should work as such and as it is currently (except for any incompatibilities of addons that may not yet be fully compatible with 4.2).
For example, with the texture of ORBX, running only the client update should not create texture problems, right? From what I understand I understand the client only updates the various fixes listed, neither more nor less.
If you want to update the "content" and "scenery" always the same procedure?
Thanks.

Yes, you're right. Just uninstall the 4.1-client and install the new 4.2-client, and you're finished. Run FTX-central from Orbx once to update FTX for P3Dv4.2!

Allways three greens,
Markus

VFR-Flightsimmer.de

50 minutes ago, gianmarcoragazzoni said:

Hi,

if I wanted to keep all the addons already installed on 4.1, is it possible to update the sim only? If so, do you only need to uninstall the 4.1 client from Windows and run and install the 4.2 client? So there should be no problems/conflicts with the addons already installed, right? Updating the client only should work as such and as it is currently (except for any incompatibilities of addons that may not yet be fully compatible with 4.2).
For example, with the texture of ORBX, running only the client update should not create texture problems, right? From what I understand I understand the client only updates the various fixes listed, neither more nor less.
If you want to update the "content" and "scenery" always the same procedure?
Thanks.

If you have scenery folders such as Aerosoft, Tropicalsim,  etc they are not affected by a complete re-installation. However, it is advisable to copy the scenery cfg and paste to a safe place as it will be replaced to basic. You can even rename scenery, texture, effects and any other folders you have files in and create dummy folders for deletion. Long winded it may be, but if you want to save all your files, then it is one way.