Sign in to follow this  
spilok

4.2 update glitch?

Hi everyone.   I am enjoying a successful update from 4.1 to 4.2....but ONLY with the CLIENT upgrade.   When I go to Control Panel and try to delete the CONTENT or the SCENERY from 4.1, I get a message that "The specified account already exists", and the uninstall aborts at that point.  I WANT to install the new Content and Scenery, but this glitch won't allow it.

What am I doing wrong, and how can I do a proper uninstall of these 2 areas and clear the way for the new segments?

Thanks,

Stan

Am sure you have to un-install the client first then un-install Content and scenery, then install the new ones back in same order.

Sound like you have undated only client and trying to un-install others without doing client first. Don't install new client and then try to un-install the others.

Hope thats helps Stan.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

46 minutes ago, spilok said:

Hi everyone.   I am enjoying a successful update from 4.1 to 4.2....but ONLY with the CLIENT upgrade.   When I go to Control Panel and try to delete the CONTENT or the SCENERY from 4.1, I get a message that "The specified account already exists", and the uninstall aborts at that point.  I WANT to install the new Content and Scenery, but this glitch won't allow it.

What am I doing wrong, and how can I do a proper uninstall of these 2 areas and clear the way for the new segments?

Thanks,

Stan

I had this, I fixed it by selecting "modify" (i am on win 10) which seemed to do a repair, I was then able to uninstall

Got the same....but before uninstall the old scenery 4.1 I did a repair and then it uninstalled ok!

Edmundo Azevedo

I did do client first. Then content which gave me the message, and then tried scenery which gave us he same message. 

Perhaps I’ll uninstall NEW client, and then try to uninstall the others ( after a computer restart).

We’ll see. 

Stan

Can I install the new Content and new Scenery OVER the old without uninstalling?

Stan

So you havent read what I and another have suggested?

Select modify or repair in the add/remove options for the content or the scenery, let the installer run and then uninstall 

54 minutes ago, spilok said:

Can I install the new Content and new Scenery OVER the old without uninstalling?

Stan

in a word - NO!

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

The best way to do correct updating is to read the excellent installation guide given on the P3D download page. 

There is a reason why they have written it

• Upvote 3

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

26 minutes ago, roarkr said:

The best way to do correct updating is to read the excellent installation guide given on the P3D download page. 

There is a reason why they have written it

Agreed!!....works wonders..

Hello Stan 

Possibly caused by a registry error or your security settings 

Temporarily Disable your Antivirus Software and Firewall,  Also Disable the UAC User Account Control  

If you are using Windows Defender temporarily  Turn Off  "Real Time Protection"  

Then Try the Microsoft Troubleshooting program for uninstalling Issues 

Click the link below and go through the prompted steps.  Click Download , Run the file then click Next > Uninstalling,  Locate the Items you want to uninstall and click Next 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

• Upvote 2

Thank you all for your help.  However, the worst fear I had...happened.   After trying a repair on content and scenery in control panel, I got error messages that couldn't find a root folder where P3d existed.  I found it under Users, but it still did not install .  I tried a RESTORE but that failed too.

I have no alternative but to reinstall ALL of P3d.  I'm uninstalling all relevant folders and files now, and tomorrow I will start the long process of a re-install.  ORBX is my biggest nightmare because I have so much of that product.  Something was messed up in Registry, perhaps, but whatever the reason, I'm glad I'm retired...because my work is cut out for me.

Thanks again.

Stan

Matt D shows in his video on up dating all you have to do is copy your ORBX folder from P3D v4 folder onto your desktop and after new install copy it back.

Run ORBX center, job done

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

8 hours ago, spilok said:

After trying a repair on content and scenery in control panel, I got error messages that couldn't find a root folder where P3d existed

Hello Stan

Did you try the step i posted above 

8 hours ago, spilok said:

ORBX is my biggest nightmare because I have so much of that product

If you are Installing Prepar3D into the same Drive \ Folder as previous there is no need to uninstall or move the Orbx folder as none of the 3 component Installers or running the Setup_Prepar3D.exe  will touch the Orbx folder.

You can do a complete uninstall and reinstall of Prepar3D and just reinstall Orbx Global Base + Orbx trees (If you have these Add On's) and then launch FTX central when finished

Regarding Orbx scenery If you run into Issues Click Here for some steps you can take 

I now know what I did wrong. Very simple; stupid mistake. Downloaded 4.2 from Prepard site , but tried to run the client; content, and scenery from the download folder. 

I should have moved the files in the download folder to another folder created on the desktop or on a drive. 

Ive reinstalled flawlessly now and I’m using today to install the aircraft, scenery and other necessary pieces. 

Thanks for your help. 

Stan