Sign in to follow this  
Alexandre6463

Night texture during day

Hi,

Since last night, after the uptade to 4.2 ( Client, Content and scenery) I have strange night texture while flying during the day. I never noticed that in P3DV4.1.

I tried to delete P3D.cfg, scenery.cfg and didn't work.

I also turn off all ORBX and still getting thoses weird textures.

https://imgur.com/Tm1zDCV

https://imgur.com/3eIJTPy

I'm running out of idea to solve this so any solution or idea would be great.!!

Thank you !

I7 7700, GTX 1080, 16gb DDR4

On 2/14/2018 at 4:36 PM, Alexandre6463 said:

Hi,

Since last night, after the uptade to 4.2 ( Client, Content and scenery) I have strange night texture while flying during the day. I never noticed that in P3DV4.1.

I tried to delete P3D.cfg, scenery.cfg and didn't work.

I also turn off all ORBX and still getting thoses weird textures.

https://imgur.com/Tm1zDCV

https://imgur.com/3eIJTPy

I'm running out of idea to solve this so any solution or idea would be great.!!

Thank you !

I7 7700, GTX 1080, 16gb DDR4

I had this problem as well. I uninstalled and reinstalled Open LC to fix. 

2 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

I had this problem as well. I uninstalled and reinstalled Open LC to fix. 

Worked for me as well!

Thank you!

HI,

Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem as well. 

https://imgur.com/Cx4dwt5

https://imgur.com/GfpI3ZX

These problems got introduced when updating Prepar3d v4.1 to v4.2. I'm running the latest versions of ORBX products: FTX Global, OpenLC EU/NA/SA, Libraries

I tried the following steps unsuccesfully:
 - Uninstall all OpenLC products, then reinstall
 - Uninstall all ORBX products, uninstall Prepar3d Scenery. Then i reinstalled Prepar3d stock scenery (the problem was gone). However, after installing FTX Global / OpenLC the problem got reintroduced.

Trying the search function doesn't give me any results. I'm hoping someone has an answers for this problem.

Regards,

Robert 

Edited by arcenon

Hi, I only reinstalled ORBX Global and Open LC NA,since I'm flying in NA most of the time and I deleted my shader folder as well. That fixed the problem for me !

If you have ORBX vector try with out it!

Hope it's help !

I have this problem in P3D.  I don’t have open LC. Never have.  But I have night textures that appear everywhere and in Hawaii I have water textures as land textures in the islands.  No idea what causes it, so I could reallllly use some advice since I just switched from FSX to P3D with 4.2

I've had this problem at a couple of locations, and it turned out to always be FlyTampa sceneries.  FlyTampa likes to include off-airport scenery and in these cases those bgls were not compatible with Orbx.  Not sure what your problem might be in the Hawaiian islands, and night textures everywhere.  It certainly smacks of a corrupted terrain.cfg file or missing terrain textures.  What if any scenery addons have you installed with your P3D?

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

I had this problem too.  I dont even have FTX global or any other sceneries.

I installed the Orbx demo libraries and 2 Orbx demo sceneries and it corrupted part of my map that wasnt even supposed to be changed.

I could only fix it by reinstalling P3D

On 4/18/2018 at 5:24 PM, downscc said:

I've had this problem at a couple of locations, and it turned out to always be FlyTampa sceneries.  FlyTampa likes to include off-airport scenery and in these cases those bgls were not compatible with Orbx.  Not sure what your problem might be in the Hawaiian islands, and night textures everywhere.  It certainly smacks of a corrupted terrain.cfg file or missing terrain textures.  What if any scenery addons have you installed with your P3D?

Glad I saw this. I just installed the latest version of YYZ from FlyTampa and was seeing night textures around Toronto. What did you turn off in the FlyTampa configurator to get rid of it? 

Eric 

3 hours ago, B777ER said:

Glad I saw this. I just installed the latest version of YYZ from FlyTampa and was seeing night textures around Toronto. What did you turn off in the FlyTampa configurator to get rid of it? 

LOL I have to laugh at myself because it took me 10 min to figure out how I did this... just getting old. Has nothing to do with any of the options the configurator provides.  Turn off the Toronto (or Sydney, etc) landclass and how you do that depends on how it is installed.  If it is installed using the legacy method using scenery.cfg then just turn it off in the Scenery Library.  I always use the add-on.xml method so my approach was to bracket the section that adds the landclass with a comment tag, basically turning it off without deleting it.  This allowed me to actually add a comment so i could come back months later and figure out what I did:

<Comment>
    Toronto_LC disabled for compatibility with Orbx openLC NA
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Scenery</Category>
        <Path>D:\Addon\FlyTampa\Toronto\scenery_LC</Path>
        <Name>CYYZ Toronto LC</Name>
    </AddOn.Component>
</Comment>

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

I have this also in FSDT PHNL far away from any FlyTampa airport.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I have the same Problem with flyTampa Toronto, and if I add this to my Add-on.xml, the entire Addon disappear and I have the Default Scenery... 😐

On 5/14/2018 at 9:37 PM, downscc said:

<Comment> Toronto_LC disabled for compatibility with Orbx openLC NA <AddOn.Component> <Category>Scenery</Category> <Path>D:\Addon\FlyTampa\Toronto\scenery_LC</Path> <Name>CYYZ Toronto LC</Name> </AddOn.Component> </Comment>