Sign in to follow this  
ylevesque

Weather not available with SIM Weather

I use the demo of Pilot2ATC v2.4.0.5_x64 with P3D v4.1 on a remote computer with Wide Client.

I selected SIM Weather in the config. ATIS always says "Weather is not currently available for ..." even after multiple frequency changes.

If I select NOAA real weather, ATIS is fine but not synced to active weather in P3D.

Any solution?

If you're using Active Sky Weather (ASN) then you should set up the Wx for that instead of SIM weather.  Be sure and share the file path to the weather on your network.

If you are using native P3D weather, then that is retrieved via FSUIPC.  Try running the demo on your P3D machine and see if it works that way.  If so, it could be something in your FSUIPC Wide Client setup.

Dave

I installed P2A on my P3D machine and the problem is the same.

I always get "Weather is not currently available for ...".

I am using native P3D weather (select SIM Weather in the config) .

I select a weather theme in P3D.

Otherwise, P2A seems to work well.

I updated FSIUPC to the last version 5.123c.

I deleted FSIUPC5.ini to let FSIUPC build a new one.

Yves

There is a bug in the current version that causes ATIS to think weather is not available when using SIM Weather from P3D.  Should be fixed in the next update.

Thanks

Dave

Hi DAve

I am using paid version 2.5.0.3_x64_R2 on a remote computer with Wide Client and P3D and the sim weather is still not available.

Is this supposed to be fixed in this version?

Yves

The SIM Weather with P3D v4 does work with the current version.  2.5.0.3_R2.

I just ran a test with a local installation and it works.  It takes a few seconds for the SIM to make the weather and it was calm winds and Altimeter 29.92, so not much exciting.

I don't know if running it remotely might cause the problem.

Dave

Patience is a virtue with real weather programs.  I use ASP4 networked to P3D4 and it takes up to 2 minutes for the activity to come live.

Regards

Frank Jones

Hi,

Having this issue with XP, SIM weather. Connected to the sim, weather doesn't update so can't see genuine active runway for planning purposes. Updates later on though. Is there not a 'refresh weather' option? 

Screenshot:

https://imgur.com/Czd0oEi

Many thanks

P2A will read the weather again anytime you change weather sources and select a function that reads weather.  Before you connect to the SIM, P2A uses NOAA weather, so this is likely what you are using for planning.  If you want to get SIM weather for planning, you need to connect to the SIM, then select SIM weather and display the weather using the Wx button near the map.  That should switch the weather source to the SIM or whatever weather you have selected besides NOAA.  If the Wx is already displaying, turn it off and back on to get the new weather.

Hmm, doesn't seem to work. See screenshot below.

I've connected to the sim, I've switched weather sources to and fro, I've selected weather on the map... it's not pulling LEMD WX whereas XWeather does it immediately from the METAR.rwx, arguably more accurate as well as that's the weather I'm flying in. Never mind, I'll use XWeather.

Thanks

https://imgur.com/VUCgGlY

Edited by JKawai

The only thing I can think of that could cause this is if the path to the X-Plane root folder on the Wx tab of Config is not set correctly.  I just tested it and I got SIM weather for LEMD from the XP METAR.rwx file.

I also noticed there were 5 or 6 entries for LEMD in the file and P2A reads the last one in the file, which is the most recent one time wise.

Dave