Sign in to follow this  
skysurfer

Addon files

Good day all.

Recently I did W10 reinstall for whatever reason and I brought my PC to a factory state, so I started from the beginning. I installed P3D 4.1 and all other addons one by one. Everything was fine. I then updated to v4.2 and it looks to me something is off now. No problem with upgrading to 4.2, no error messages. However the sim behaves weird. I am thinking to do full clean reinstall again. So I know how to reinstall P3D (based on tutorials here) but I am wondering what am I supposed to do with all my addon programs and files? I have many addons installed in separate drive like AS16, ASCA, PTA, UTlive, vPilot, etc. Do I have to uninstall and/or remove all of them and delete all files and folders and then I will have to reinstall them back from my accounts or I can keep them where there are and just rerun exe. files from their location folder to install them back to the sim? I am not sure if this step will do mess again. So basically what do I have to do with addons if I want to reinstall P3D4?

Thanks for looking.  

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

7 hours ago, skysurfer said:

However the sim behaves weird

Hello Edward 

Could you expand on this a little ?   Your Issue could be something simple 

Thanks for the reply. 

So I updated client, conent and scenery and I followed all required steps in dedicated topict how to do an upgrade. All went OK during upgrade. No any kind if error. I also did required steps to redownload ORBX files (libs and Migration). However ORBX scenery looks flat with missing textures. I think ORBX is not really compatible yet. 

Whan I started P3D it looks normal but when I change views there 1-2 seconds delay. If I keep changing views P3D eventually crashes. I thought it could have been Ezdok issues. Ezdok team suggested me to disable or uninstall Ezdok to ckech if it makes any difference. I disable and then uninstall Ezdok but micro freezes didn’t go away. So looks like Ezdok is not an issue. Ezdok team released new version compatible with 4.2 in anyway.

I also noticed that I cannot click on any menu selections from the top of the screen inside of P3D. Like if I click Views drop down menu opens but I cannot click on anything inside of that open menu because the menu window closes in a second. All menus have same problem. I have to pause the sim to make a selection in any of the menus. 

Another issue if I select Black-out-Desktop then my screen begins expanding across 3 monitors and then shrinks back to a single monitor every 2-3 minutes. 

After full W10 and v4.1 install I don’t have much addons installed yet, only ORBX global and vector and few ORBX sceneries  

Thanks 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

This is what happening:

25411674497_521547792f_b.jpg

39385714445_76b26f3376_b.jpg

https://flic.kr/p/231o5Ja

https://flic.kr/p/EHxtuV