Sign in to follow this  
timest

How do I get rid of this???

Guest TRK3586

I'm getting very hard horizon lines. I'm using FE, ASV6, Real Sky v. 2 (at least I'm trying). I tried changing various visibility options in ASV as well as in FSUIPC. Nothing seems to make a difference. Perhaps someone can share with me their settings? Maybe I'm not using FE and ASV together properly.Timhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/149618.jpg

Tim:Oh boy, my fellow Tim, you are going to love this :)Attached are some pics to view as well as settings!!!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/149621.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/149622.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/149623.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/149624.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/149625.jpgAnd here are my Diplay settings in my fs9 config file:[DISPLAY]UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=18TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=1.4RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=1.4RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=1.4 RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.4[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=9.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4Hopefully many people will see this and finally use my secret!! Cheers Tim, and all.RegardsTim :)

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Guest TRK3586

Hey thanks for those settings and figures. I will certaintly give them a try and get back to ya.Tim

Guest apieper

MMmmm The horizon IS a straight line from 30,000 ft !

Guest Ed_Garr

Hey Tim, those .cfg terrain settings do the business for me, at long last, after trying dozens of other suggestions. Thanks a million!Ed

"The horizon IS a straight line from 30,000 ft !"Don't know how often you fly at FL300 in real life--I do so often. This picture, though scaled down, was taken from a recent flight I took to KMCO from FL390. The horizon rarely appears as a "Straight line" at any altitude unless you have a close in mountain range between you and the horizon. It is almost always very hard to discern the line where the sky ends and the ground begins, except when looking towards the sun in early morning or late evening. I have an add-on called "Soft Horizons" in the file library which faithfully reproduces the effect you see in this picture--it can be used in the absence of the add-ons mentioned in this thread, although it ain't nowhere near as pretty :)-Johnhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/149870.jpg

Guest andedrunkard

BLOODY NORA!!! Tim those screenies are out of this world!! I would eat my arm off to be flying in such an immersion of brilliant graphics...can you provide system specs that you are getting this from? also, you have what programs running to do all this? absolutely amzing Tim. all the bestAnde

Hi,He is using FE for the sky and clouds and Active Sky V6 for his weather generation!Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development TeamActive Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter

>Hey Tim, those .cfg terrain settings do the business for me,>at long last, after trying dozens of other suggestions. >>Thanks a million!>>EdEd: I am glad to help ya :)Tom: I believe it is FE :)Ande: Jim is right... FE, ASV6, RealSky, FS Genesis Mesh, UTUSA. I have an Athlon 64 3.6Ghz, running Windows XP SP2, 2GB RAM, (2) SATA 250GB Hard Drives, ATI X850XT 256MB Graphics Card, Audigy X-FI Sound card.The settings are included in the post.CyasTim :)

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Guest andedrunkard

>>Hey Tim, those .cfg terrain settings do the business for>me,>>at long last, after trying dozens of other suggestions. >>>>Thanks a million!>>>>Ed>Ed: I am glad to help ya :)>Tom: I believe it is FE :)>Ande: Jim is right... FE, ASV6, RealSky, FS Genesis Mesh,>UTUSA. I have an Athlon 64 3.6Ghz, running Windows XP SP2, 2GB>RAM, (2) SATA 250GB Hard Drives, ATI X850XT 256MB Graphics>Card, Audigy X-FI Sound card.>>The settings are included in the post.>>Cyas>Tim :)Tim thats great - Thanks everso much... i take it that building a similar machine to yours will give me a good basis for VISTA and msfsx? I might begin my upgrade to a machine similar to yours.btw... looked at the fs9.cfg file last night - changes i made were fantastic. two queries though:-1) the part below - i couldnt find these in my file to amend. any ideas?RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=1.4RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=1.4RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=1.4RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.42) one of your settings in FE has "user data" set, i havent copied any files anywhere but i noticed that it wanted me to save files into a special folder.thanks again.

Guest andedrunkard

FE - got thisASV6 - stand alone pc - this wont work will it?RealSky & FS Genesis Mesh - dont know much about these

>1) the part below - i couldnt find these in my file to amend.>any ideas?>RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=1.4>RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=1.4>RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=1.4>RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.4It's kind of a multiplicator by which the intensity of runway lights are to be scaled. Lower value=lower intensity. 1.4 here is almost 150% of the original brightness. Most times you want to reduce brightness, so typical values are 0.8 or 0.5.Andreas

Guest andedrunkard

Ok, but where in the actual cfg file do i place these lines?

>>>Hey Tim, those .cfg terrain settings do the business for>>me,>>>at long last, after trying dozens of other suggestions. >>>>>>Thanks a million!>>>>>>Ed>>Ed: I am glad to help ya :)>>Tom: I believe it is FE :)>>Ande: Jim is right... FE, ASV6, RealSky, FS Genesis Mesh,>>UTUSA. I have an Athlon 64 3.6Ghz, running Windows XP SP2,>2GB>>RAM, (2) SATA 250GB Hard Drives, ATI X850XT 256MB Graphics>>Card, Audigy X-FI Sound card.>>>>The settings are included in the post.>>>>Cyas>>Tim :)>>>Tim thats great - Thanks everso much... i take it that>building a similar machine to yours will give me a good basis>for VISTA and msfsx? I might begin my upgrade to a machine>similar to yours.>>btw... looked at the fs9.cfg file last night - changes i made>were fantastic. two queries though:->>1) the part below - i couldnt find these in my file to amend.>any ideas?>RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=1.4>RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=1.4>RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=1.4>RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.4>>2) one of your settings in FE has "user data" set, i havent>copied any files anywhere but i noticed that it wanted me to>save files into a special folder.>>thanks again.Hi Ande:I am glad it worked for you :) as to your question 2: I use RealSky V.2 textures for day set and I put them under FE's User set.Take careTim :)

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com