Sign in to follow this  
bluemoon

Initialise Failure WIN10 Home 64Bit

Hi all

After reinstalling on admin rights VOXAtc 6 on my new Win10 Home 64Bit computer, I am recieving this message "Cannot inilialise voice recognition. Ensure that you have a us english compatiable recogniser selected." in Control panel, Ease of Access, Advanced Speech Options I Have, Microsoft Speech Recognizer 8.0 for Windows (English - US) selected, However the "Settings Tab", is greyed out. I have also changed the Computer input Language and Keyboard layout to US, and i still have the error message, Microphone is connected to the front panel,

Any help greatly appreciated.

Carl Renshaw EGCC

Carl,

Settings should be grayed out for the default Windows voice recognition. In that same window ("Speech Properties") try the Configure Microphone button and see what happens. That specific Windows error message often results from the microphone not being properly connected and/or configured.

Jay

Hi Jay

Many thanks for your assistance, it appears all is well if, I use my USB Headset the front panel in and out have a low Impedance so thinking that may be the cause, however still have the Greyed out Settings box, Sorry for late reply have had issues with changing my email address on Avsim Account.

That's good to hear. The Settings button should be grayed out. There are no settable options for the built-in Voice Recognition. Previous versions of Windows did have some options available to the user, but Win 10 does not. At least I 've never seen a Win 10 system that did.

Again thanks Jay, I think I will use the USB Headset for FSX, once I'm up and running will consider VOX 7 I think. Use the Other Headset for DCS.