Sign in to follow this  
BenA2AC172

Can I Run My Addons Remotely?

Hello peeps :)

I have a fairly decent pc, but i would like to take some strain of it. I wondered if there was a way i could remotely run all my addons from another pc. here are my addons:

FSWX

AVLIASOFT EFB

FSREALTIME 

I do have fsuipc installed by the way.I hope someone can help, please show me da wae

:)

Hi,

Yes you can.

I run many add-ons remotely on networked PCs.

I actually use 4 additional PCs  (Viirtual PCs, as it happens) for this, but I could have used just 1 additional PC instead.

I have set up:

#1 - "PRE-FLIGHT PC" - used for flight planning, remote refueling/loading apps
#2 - "WEATHER PC" - where is run WX apps, AS4/16,ASCA, SkyForce, FSGRW plus Envtex
#3 - "ATC PC" - running ATC programs, and where I load SAPI voices
#4 - "LIVE PC" - where I run apps that either monitor, or require pilot interaction, such as FSRealTime, vPilot Remote, EFB type apps, VA's ACARS, Traffic managers, multiuser apps such as FSCloud, JoinFS.

Apps that can work remotely fall into 2 categories depending on what method they use to communicate to your HOST PC
1. FSUIPC via WideFS
2. SimCOnnect

In general I set up each of my remote PCs to provide both SimConnect and FSUIPC/WideFS connectivity.  An additional requirement may be that you need remote file access to Windows config files located on your HOST PC, as well as access to the directory where P3D is installed.

If you do decide to utilize a networked setup I recommend the following plan.

1. Get basic TCP/IP connectivity working between the 2 PCs (use the command line PING util to confirm the 2 can talk to each other)
2. Get remote share mapping working so that the remote PC can mount and view your P3D files on your main PC
3. Purchase and install WideFS (part of FSUIPC) and confirm in P3D that it has acknowledged a remote WideFS client to connect
4. Configure SimConnect config files on the P3D HOST and remote PC
5. Now start to install your apps on the remote PC

If you dont get the fundamentals right and follow these prep steps in order, it can lead to great frustration when your remote apps dont work.

Regards

David

Edited by c912039
Added ASCA