Sign in to follow this  
olleollesson

Chaseplane no longer working?

Started Chaseplane today and it downloaded a new version (0.4.190 Beta) and now I only get the messeage "It looks like something unexpected occured. A log file will be sent to FSFX Packages automatically." And when I click OK I am asked if I wan't to restart and if I click Yes the same message appears again. Tried restart of computer and still the same message. Runnig both FSX and P3D v4.1.

Worked just fine yesterday.

Regards
Christian

Christian,

send the content of the Logs folder in your ChasePlane directory and send it to us via email. We’ll have a look at that

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

So, I emailed my Logs folder on thursday evening and after that not a word. I emailed again to hear if there was any progress, and no answer. I haven't had any problems with Chaseplane before so I don't know how active the support is but  this is looking rather strange to me. If they can't be bothered to just answer an email and let me know if anyone is looking into the problem then that is just sad. I hope this problem can be solved soon since I have a program that is no longer working.

Regards
Christian

So I got a reply from Keven and he suggested I try reinstalling the software.

And if the problem persists to let him know.

I tried the reinstall, but still having the same problem, so I let him know.

Guest TBM930

Mine is also not working. The Gui appears but all the functions seem frozen. I also sent a log last night . None of my presets work. I will disable automatic updates in the future since I prefer not to go through this each time.

Pat

Pat, Christian

I was wondering, did you guys happen to update P3D to v4.2?

I don't know  if there is any connection, but it seems that my ChasePlane problems started after the update.

Or, it just may be a coincidence.

BTW: I have this issue in both FSX and P3d.

Also, do you have the following in your,  ChasePlane Crash Log:

"

Installed Sim Platforms:
FSX "G:\FSX\"
P3Dv4 "I:\PrePar3D\"

Exception:
Illegal characters in path.

Action Stack:

"

I was just wondering?

George

Hi,

No I didn't change anything in my setup. Working one day and then next start downloaded the new version and after that same problem every start.

I have tried reinstalling and the problem persists.

I have a different Exception. Mine says:
"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

/Christian

Guest TBM930
4 hours ago, geopetlas said:

Pat, Christian

I was wondering, did you guys happen to update P3D to v4.2?

I don't know  if there is any connection, but it seems that my ChasePlane problems started after the update.

Or, it just may be a coincidence.

BTW: I have this issue in both FSX and P3d.

Also, do you have the following in your,  ChasePlane Crash Log:

"

Installed Sim Platforms:
FSX "G:\FSX\"
P3Dv4 "I:\PrePar3D\"

Exception:
Illegal characters in path.

Action Stack:

"

I was just wondering?

George

Hello George, I bought the software only two days ago. No I did not receive your error message. I am on P3D V 3.4 uniquely to fly the PMDG MD-11 and Flight1 Mustang. Other than that I am on X-Plane 11. I created a fake FSX directory as opposed to using the Estonian migration tool for my MD-11 and everything was working perfectly until I automatically updated to v0.4.191 Beta last night!. So I do not believe your P3D update has anything to do with this problem.

I can see from my log that maybe the problem is that it is detecting my web cam as a joystick? (I noticed this in my P3D control settings):

Adding: 2f6e3090-0206-11e8-8004-444553540000 Name: HP Deluxe Webcam KQ246AA
Trying to create Thread for: 2f6e3090-0206-11e8-8004-444553540000 Name: HP Deluxe Webcam KQ246AA
Trying to start Thread for: 2f6e3090-0206-11e8-8004-444553540000 Name: HP Deluxe Webcam KQ246AA
Adding: 7122a550-0208-11e8-8001-444553540000 Name: Saitek AV8R Joystick
Trying to create Thread for: 7122a550-0208-11e8-8001-444553540000 Name: Saitek AV8R Joystick
Trying to start Thread for: 7122a550-0208-11e8-8001-444553540000 Name: Saitek AV8R Joystick
Done Initializing

or :

SimConnect Exception received: 1

Since I am not the software expert I do not know what to look for.

Hey Pat,

I too have v0.4.191 Beta.

I've used chaseplane in both FSX and P3D since last year and up until last Wednesday or Thursday I never had a problem with it.

I haven't  added or removed any hardware.and the only software changes to my system was to update P3D to v4.2 and of course the automatic updates of ChasePlane.

Running ChasePlane with Experimental checked, almost everyday when starting ChasePlane it updates itself. Never a problem until, as I said, last week when updated to, v0.4.191 Beta.

I agree with you regarding P3D not causing the problem because why would that effect ChasePlane in FSX ?

We shall see.

George

Guest TBM930

Kevin is away which is why he has not maybe answered everyone. He replied and asked me to disable Advanced Features from the Preferences. When I get home I will see if that helps. I will report back

So I uninstalled everything, VFX Central, Chaseplane and removed everything that doesn't get removed by itself like folders and files that remains after uninstall.

I then installed everything again and this time chose different folders than last time. And now I can get Chaseplane to start again. The strange thing is that is doesn't upgrade itself, instead it is stuck on version 0.3.7.9 (I'm not 100% sure on the version number because I'm at work right now and can't check.)

Everything else seems to work as it should. So for now my problem is solved.

/Christian