Sign in to follow this  
Heat Go

PILOT2ATC speech problems

Hi Dave,

i recently bought your great add on but it seems that whenever i try practise grammar i consistently get the error (green text after i press PRACTICE and the PTT button , half second delay)

"Speech not Recognized. Try pressing the Replay Button to listen to your speech"

IF i try to say "hello" most of times it get recognized and it is printed then i tried to say "B Zero" and it was correctly recognized then i trien "B ZERO ALtimeter" and it recognized as "the zero center",....then i tried to say "LIMA""but it was recognized as "LITTLE"...once every 10000 tries i tried to say SAY ALTIMETER for ZERO LIMA HOTEL and it worked! just once in couple of days

Right now im at a loss do i have that bad of a voice to not gettin recognized even remotely..im not native english speaker

Luca

thanks for any i mean any idea!

Luca,

Not all words and phrases are recognized, so you need to be saying the valid phrases.  Many of these phrases are in SayIt and in the Grammar helper, you can select a phrase and just read it.

You also should do the voice recognizer training.  The User's Guide shows how to do this.  It will train your Windows system to recognize you saying Pilot2ATC type phrases.

Also, there is a setting in Windows Speech Recognition to "Recognize non-native accents for this language".  Make sure this option is checked.  It can be found at Settings->Time & Language->Speech in Windows 10 settings.

Regards,

Dave

Yeah Dave I tried multiple times sayin the phrases in the Grammar with he vatrious controllers tryin to repeat exactly the blue phrases...but still with no Luck, actually sayin casual phrases was the only way the program randomly  and seldomly recognize my voice (if i say "zero" most of the time it recohnises it..). Yes i clicked on the option "Recognize non-native accents for this language" and set english as default language etc...unfortunately nothibng happens..i have noticed moreover that if i try to talk in the default interface (not grammar help) using PTT absolutely nothing haoppens.... :( :(

So two possibilities.

One is that the microphone volume is too low or it is producing distorted sounds.  You can check that by pressing the Replay button in Grammar Help and seeing if the playback is loud and clear.  If the sound is weak or distorted, then adjust the microphone settings until it is loud and clear.

If the playback is good, then the only thing I can think of that will help is to do the language training.  Hundreds of users who had problems without the training got good results after doing the training.  Get started by pressing the Train button in the "Personal Grammar Training Phrases" box.  Full instructions for training are in the User's Guide.

Dave

HEy DAve, still here!

So i bought a new headset in hoping it can help ..ill try it tomorrow..regarding your suggestions, if i hit REPLAY button i can clearly hear and understand everything i said (SAY ALTIMETER ; READY TO CPY and other standard phraseology)..the only thing strange i noticed is that i cannot use TRAIN function..program wont open any window when i hit that button as shown in the step-by-step guide of the user manual...i dont know what to think sincerly...

ill hit you with updates...want to make this thing work so badly! :(:(:(:(

Luca

50 minutes ago, Heat Go said:

the only thing strange i noticed is that i cannot use TRAIN function..program wont open any window when i hit that button as shown in the step-by-step guide of the user manual...i dont know what to think sincerly..

I met the same problem with Train button, and you will resolve it by changing in Windows the speech langage , ENG to US  if i remember correctly , as it is precised in the manual .

Hi

Just a thought as it happened to me. There are two train buttons almost next to each other. Make sure you use the left hand button to get into the Training.

Ken

It's possible the Training window is opening behind another window.  It is actually a separate program and so has a "default" icon in the Task bar when it opens.  If you don't see the window, check the Task Bar and see if there is a new icon on the far right.  If so, that is likely the Language Trainer.

Then, as Ken says, select one of the controller types in the left "Full Training" box and press the Train button in that box. 

Dave

Thank for your patience and attention guys, yes i tried the full training button, it seems the program tries to open a new window but actually nothing happens; didnt think about task manager, ill try this evening!

Fingers Crossed!

LUCA

Hey guys,

just wanted to check in and say thank you for all your suggestions. It is now working fine!!!

At the end i bought a new headset, made sure i was runnig English Language pack , then i first started and cofigured general speech recognition in Windows (i think its an important step) , once i was sure it was working i started PILOT2ATC and clicked on TRAIN (the left one). This time finally the correct pop up window opened and i was able to have the program recognize my voice. From there it was all good after a couple more of training session i am now a happy user of the program! 

THANKS

Luca