Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[16FEB18] Update for Prepar3D v4.2 users via the Operations Center

6 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

It was mention programs that modify the panel.cfg should be avoided. Does ChasePlane or Ezdok fall under the this category?

If they modify the panel.cfg then yes. I believe chase planes does not. You can always test. If after the patch you have a CTD and you have such a program try to uninstall it and see what happens

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

23 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

It was mention programs that modify the panel.cfg should be avoided. Does ChasePlane or Ezdok fall under the this category?

Just ran a test myself.  4.2 installed with the 747-400 update, no issues with ChasePlane what so ever. 

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

18 minutes ago, 559AS said:

Just ran a test myself.  4.2 installed with the 747-400 update, no issues with ChasePlane what so ever. 

Thanks for the info.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Just to report that the patch didn't fix the problem, on windows 7 pro.

And if I swap the F22 with the 747 I can fly normally, but when I close P3D I get a CTD.

6 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

If you are a Prepar3D v4 user, you can obtain the update directly via the PMDG Operations Center.  A red notification bar will appear on the top right of the Operations Center when it is run, and you can probably follow the instructions from there. 

Hi guys,

Just installed v4.2 abd loading the PMDG OC made sure via admin and no red bar or no updates available. I have both 737 all versions and 777. I have gone into settings or tools and ops center modules say v4 v1.17 have i done something wrong?

Thank you PMDG for the update. QTSII is loading fine again.

fly safe

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

That's strange if it applies for the 777 also, I've been flying around 24 hours in it since the 4.2 release and had no issues with FS2crew either

• Upvote 1

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

28 minutes ago, KAWAUS said:

Hi guys,

Just installed v4.2 abd loading the PMDG OC made sure via admin and no red bar or no updates available. I have both 737 all versions and 777. I have gone into settings or tools and ops center modules say v4 v1.17 have i done something wrong?

Only applies if you have the 747 installed

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, simbio said:

Just to report that the patch didn't fix the problem, on windows 7 pro.

And if I swap the F22 with the 747 I can fly normally, but when I close P3D I get a CTD.

You are reporting an error while closing P3D. This has nothing to do with the CTD reported with 4.2

Please open a ticket with support to take a look at it.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

What if I’m staying with 4.1 for a while longer, will this negativily affect anything?

I have all of your planes and look forward to the -8.

Thanks for your excellent work.

Jack Sawyer

49 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

You are reporting an error while closing P3D. This has nothing to do with the CTD reported with 4.2

Please open a ticket with support to take a look at it.

Thank's but maybe I was not clear after updating to 4.2, I can't load the 747 directly as all others are reporting and also since this update I receive a CTD with the 747 upon exit P3D.

I believe you have enough internal resource to find out the solution, I will wait patiently.

Thank you

53 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

What if I’m staying with 4.1 for a while longer, will this negativily affect anything?

I have all of your planes and look forward to the -8.

Thanks for your excellent work.

Only your performance. RSR said no concerning the -8