Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[16FEB18] Update for Prepar3D v4.2 users via the Operations Center

Since everyone's favorite 747 flight crew program -FS2Crew- was specifically mentioned, and my blood pressure has returned to normal levels I was able to do some testing :cool:

I installed P3D V4.2.

I did a clean install of the PMDG 747 and updated it via the PMDG Ops Center to the latest version.

I re-installed FS2Crew for the 747 QOTS II and enabled it.

Everything loaded fine. 

I'm not getting any support tickets from anyone regarding any new crashes.  Everything is quiet on our side.

Here's a screenie I took with FS2Crew, the latest PMDG update and P3D 4.2.

However, if you have any issues, please report them.  Don't stay silent.

This issue may be machine specific.  Who knows.  Computers can be bleeping weird :cool:

fs2crew747.JPG

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, simbio said:

Thank's but maybe I was not clear after updating to 4.2, I can't load the 747 directly as all others are reporting and also since this update I receive a CTD with the 747 upon exit P3D.

I believe you have enough internal resource to find out the solution, I will wait patiently.

Thank you

Are you sure that the update was sucesfull? All other users are reporting that this has been fixed after running latest update.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

1 hour ago, Ephedrin said:

Only your performance. RSR said no concerning the -8

I don’t understand, updating my PMDG planes through the OC WILL negatively affect my performance in 4.1?

Should I or should I not update then if I’m staying with 4.1?

Jack Sawyer

4 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

I don’t understand, updating my PMDG planes through the OC WILL negatively affect my performance in 4.1?

There is no performance hit in 4.1  you can upgrade them if you want

• Upvote 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

There has always to be one:

After reading that there is a 4.2 hotfix, I opened OC and found no lead at all to the HF.

So I uninstalled the base pack, re-booted and downloaded the latest version in my account.  I installed that, although logic told me that it was designed to work in 4.0 and 4.1 so no doubt the effort would be wasted.

I have blank gauges and no switches will work either rotary or two-way.  In the new installation the OC again presents no info about the HF.

Please could you help me locate and download the hotfix.

• Upvote 1

Gents,

You all are making this a lot more difficult than it needs to be.

The original post notes a few things:

1. This update is only for 4.2. If you are not using 4.2 and are using 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, 3.9, 4.0, 4.1, or literally anything else other than 4.2, then this update doesn't concern you at all. Updating will have no real loss or gain for you.
  2. This update is only for the 747-400 for P3D. If you are not using the 747-400 for P3D, and are using the NGX or 777, or literally anything else other than the 747-400 for P3D, then this update doesn't concern you at all. You will receive no notification for those products.
  3. The update comes from the Operations Center. If you are looking elsewhere for it, you will not find it.

As usual, if you are running into issues, please submit a ticket. The forum isn't the proper avenue for support, and in an announcement thread like this, it's just going to get buried (and we really need your log files, which you can't really attach here).

The OP has all the info you need. All you need to do is take time to read it instead of skimming.

9 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

So, what was the issue?  LM's code or PMDG's?

1. Does it really matter?
  2. It worked in 4.1, and the beta versions, and then suddenly stopped in 4.2. The first line of the original post is: "induced by a change Lockheed Martin made during the release phase of Prepar3D v4.2." That should be clear enough...either way, something broke and we helped sidestep the issue. Doesn't quite matter whose fault it was. Go enjoy the plane. If you want exhibition of winning, losing, points and all of that, find a TV and spend some time watching the Olympics.
23 minutes ago, Ian McPhail said:

Please could you help me locate and download the hotfix.

Open the OC. There will be a notification at the top right by the gear icon. This is ONLY for the 747-400, and for OUR product. It is not a hotfix for P3D, or anything like that. If you don't have the 747-400 installed in P3D a fix won't show up.

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

No, I just meant that you miss the improvements in performance if you stay with 4.1... forget about it... 

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

If you want exhibition of winning, losing, points and all of that, find a TV and spend some time watching the Olympics.

No need for the snark directed at a customer.  That is an awful response by a company representative.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

No update in my PMDG Op center so far

16 minutes ago, naderhere said:

Same here, no update.

Do you own the 747 for P3D? This is only an update for the P3D 747, so if you don't own it, you won't see the update. 

53 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

No update in my PMDG Op center so far

Do you have the 744 for P3D?

41 minutes ago, naderhere said:

Same here, no update.

52 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

No need for the snark directed at a customer.  That is an awful response by a company representative.

Wasn't snark. It's the truth. There are no points won. This isn't a contest. If anything, the awful anything is trying to make it one...and I'm saying this when we're not even the ones who would be on what you were trying to make the defensive.

Sign your posts.

Kyle Rodgers

Just now, scandinavian13 said:

Wasn't snark. It's the truth. There are no points won. This isn't a contest. If anything, the awful anything is trying to make it one...and I'm saying this when we're not even the ones who would be on what you were trying to make the defensive.

Sign your posts.

Yes I own the PMDG 747 for P3D.

Nader H.

1 minute ago, naderhere said:

Yes I own the PMDG 747 for P3D.

And when you open the OC, there is no notification at the top?

When you select the P3D 744 in the drop down menu, and then Versions, what does it say?

Kyle Rodgers