Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[16FEB18] Update for Prepar3D v4.2 users via the Operations Center

Just now, scandinavian13 said:

And when you open the OC, there is no notification at the top?

When you select the P3D 744 in the drop down menu, and then Versions, what does it say?

It says this:

Version: v3.00.8605

"Product is up to date"

Nader H.

1 minute ago, naderhere said:

It says this:

Version: v3.00.8605

"Product is up to date"

So the update worked, then.

Kyle Rodgers

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

So the update worked, then.

I never updated though which is what is weird. Is that the correct version?

Just now, naderhere said:

I never updated though which is what is weird. Is that the correct version?

That's rather impossible, honestly. The version the OC detects a number found on your computer, that takes the update process to update. That, or the full installer, but the full installer wouldn't set 8605 - it sets an earlier version. The only thing that could update you to 8605 is the updater itself, and you would have had to run it in order to get that number on your machine...

Kyle Rodgers

Just now, scandinavian13 said:

That's rather impossible, honestly. The version the OC detects a number found on your computer, that takes the update process to update. That, or the full installer, but the full installer wouldn't set 8605 - it sets an earlier version. The only thing that could update you to 8605 is the updater itself, and you would have had to run it in order to get that number on your machine...

I agree, I probably opened the UI up to add a livery last night. Is that version the correct one? Thank you for your help by the way.

2 minutes ago, naderhere said:

I agree, I probably opened the UI up to add a livery last night. Is that version the correct one? Thank you for your help by the way.

Yes. Whatever the OC reports as current is the current one. In order for it to tell you that it's current, the OC matches the number on your machine with a number on our server.

Please ensure that you put your name in your posts.

Kyle Rodgers

I know that this will create howls of disbelief, but, I had uninstalled the 747, yes, the QOTS.  Why, because I preferred to fly the 777 and the 737.

After skimming this thread I picked up the clue that the 747 MUST be installed for the HF to show in the OC notifications.

So I reinstalled the 747, found the update, installed that, re-booted, re-started and eh voila, all is well. My 737 comes up with bells and whistles, lights, buttons and switches.

There must be more than me who did not want the 747. Fortunately I had purchased and previously installed the 747, but there may be a number who never did.  Now their 737NGX is useless in 4.2.  They should revert to 4.1.

• Upvote 1

Ian,

Are you thinking that you must buy the 747 in order to get a patch to make your 737 compatible with P3D v4.2?

If yes- you have confused the issue!

The update we issued is ONLY for the 747.  The 747 is the ONLY aircraft in our product line that needed an update to keep it working smoothly with P3D v4.2.  The other products are fine as is and required no update.

Does that clarify things for you?

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Cpt:  no I expressed myself unclearly, I owned but had uninstalled the 747.  But again yes, I did think that it was an overall update.  But I have since posted elsewhere that I have had severe problems with 4.2  -blue loadng circle after every simple command or FMC entry. Made the sim a start-stop every two or three seconds. so I have reverted to 4.1 and all is well. I am waiting to find out if this is 4.2 or my system. Thank you.

2 hours ago, Ian McPhail said:

Cpt:  no I expressed myself unclearly, I owned but had uninstalled the 747.  But again yes, I did think that it was an overall update.  But I have since posted elsewhere that I have had severe problems with 4.2  -blue loadng circle after every simple command or FMC entry. Made the sim a start-stop every two or three seconds. so I have reverted to 4.1 and all is well. I am waiting to find out if this is 4.2 or my system. Thank you.

Are you running FSUIPC v5.123?

I had awful issues with that and P3D v4.2 including the symptoms you describe. I revered back to FSUIPC v5.122 and all is well in P3D v4.2

I have reverted to 5.122, so I will give 4.2 another try, but just the Client this time.

Cpt, I do not understand but previously then I was trying 4.2 my PMDG NGX came up with blank gauges etc, but the 747 update cured all models.

As mentioned earlier, the 744 fix has zero interaction with our other aircraft, so the suggestion that the 744 fix affected the NGX in some way is to suggest that the impossible is possible.

To be clear again: the fix that is the subject of this thread is only for the 744, and only for the 744 in P3Dv4.2.

Kyle Rodgers

I updated Prepar3d content by using the content installer after I had updated PMDG 747 to v 3.00.8605. Now I wonder whether PMDG 747 had been modified by Prepar3d content installer in anyway. Should I do an uninstall and reinstall of PMDG 747?

Harry Y.