Sign in to follow this  
Elsmoko

Runway approach lighting

How is runway approach lighting (sequenced flashing lights / rabbit lighting) added to FSX runways?  I haven't been able to determine

a method of doing this with AFX or ADE.  Is it even possible ?  Can't even find the existing approach lighting when I open / view an airport in

one of these airport editing / creation programs.

Thank you,

Ken

Ken Boardman

Using ADE, double left click on the runway to which you wish to add lighting.  If the runway is "locked", you will have to unlock it.  In the "properties" window, select "lights". Check the box marked "Primary approach lights" (for the primary runway) and/or "Secondary approach lights" (for the secondary runway).  Now you can select how many strobes you want for your sequenced approach lights.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Thank you Stans.   Look forward to working with this.

Best regards,

Ken

Ken Boardman

Glad that I was able to provide some assistance! :cool:

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I followed your procedure Stans using AFX V1.10a,  and saved the airport file.  The operation appeared to go well;  however the ALSF-2 approach lights

don't flash even at night in low visibility.  Is there something else that must be done to activate the flashing?  BTW, I didn't see anything indicating that the runway

is locked.

I'm flying FSX Accel with FSGU NG,  Orbx Global LC, and Orbx Vector.

Thank you,

Ken

Ken Boardman

After you selected the ALSF-2 lighting system, did you specify the desired number of strobes?

Are you seeing the strobes flash at other airports?

Yes Stans. That's what is puzzling me most.  I selected 20 strobes. 

Also dropped in on LAX, ANC and HNL (at night with fog) to test their strobes and they all looked great.

Thanks for trying to help with this.

Ken

Ken Boardman

That's vexing.  I wonder if it is a terrain issue?  Perhaps the strobes are being buried in terrain that is higher than the airport?