scottb613

Bulk C r a p Uninstaller

Hi Folks,

Just a heads up to a great Open Source - FREE - tool I've been using for the past few weeks - it finds, displays, and organizes far more material spattered around your hard drive and registry than I never knew about or that the standard Windows uninstaller will show you... Bloatware - watch out... Cleaned up my machines very nicely and even cleared some stuck registry entries I've had for years... It's got excellent reviews over on Source Forge... If you want to clean up your sim machine - this tool really helps... Just my two cents worth...

Bulk C r a p Uninstaller

*** Oh - C'mon mods - that's the name of the program - the censoring process mangled my link ***

:tongue:

Note - if interested - just search source forge for the product...

https://sourceforge.net/

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Removed the word from our word censor program.

• Upvote 1

And two hours later my laptop is limping back into existance... So whatever you do, make a full system restore point before you install this programme. I took the most basic options when starting it and all I wanted to do is remove one 6 year old game and one social media app that was delivered together with the laptop itself (so it was probably at least 10 years old - and was never used) just to see how it worked.

Then the whole thing virtually blew up in my face. BCU even took itself out, so the restore point created by it was not available.

Thank goodness for Win's system restore point which was just two days old :) But I still will have to dig out my old Office CDs to repair Word and Excel... They appear to be truly and propery banjaxed.

Cheers

Mallard

• Upvote 1

Hi Mallard,

Sorry for the troubles - I've used it on three machines - a coworker used it on two machines - and another coworker used it on one machine - all good - in addition to the overwhelming consensus on Source Forge... I used the defaults as well...

Again - my apologies...

Regards,
Scott

I've always used PcDecrapifier  - https://www.pcdecrapifier.com/

also free and never had an issue with it - been using it for years -first program I run after setting up a new commercial system.

Vic

All mileage is variable, but there is no way I'd let a program like this touch my system. It's just asking for trouble (IMNSHO)..........Doug

1 hour ago, Penzoil3 said:

Piriform's CC Cleaner is great. Used it for years.

+1. It's still the best....Doug

Hi Folks,

CC Cleaner serves a different purpose - as it’s a malicious software (malware) removal tool - the program I mentioned here is a software uninstaller on steroids... The fact that it’s Open Source means it’s code is free to be evaluated and reviewed by anyone - it’s posted with the download - so it becomes difficult to mask malicious intent...

Choosing how to manage your PC is definitely a personal choice and you should always do your due dilligence before blindly installing any product - learned from more than 25 years in the trenches as an IT guy in downtown Manhattan... CC Cleaner is a great tool and I use it as well - that said - no software is beyond compromise as CC Cleaner infected over two million machines with malicious software last September in a widely publicized event... The more we depend on our PC’s - the more we have to keep our guard up and never load something you’re not comfortable with... 

https://techcrunch.com/2017/09/18/avast-reckons-ccleaner-malware-infected-2-27m-users/

I was merely passing along some feedback on software I had a good experience with - your mileage may vary...

Regards,

Scott

I installed and run it with no problem. I haven't use it since I have to read the manual first.

My CCleaner is ver. 5.40.6411 (x64) and never have a problems with it.

Cheers,

"CC Cleaner serves a different purpose - as it’s a malicious software (malware) removal tool -"

No, it's not. It is a registry tool, it is a junk file remover, and it will remove programs better than windows does. It has nothing what so ever to do with malware removal. It is a system cleaner.

Sue

Oh and Scott... as of next month, I've been building and servicing computers for 20 years.

Sue