Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

T2G KMCO Issue with P3d v4.2

No one else has this problem?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I do, but I can't solve it yet. I have this issue since 4.1 and the way I solved it was with this post http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=127059&p=168903&hilit=kmco#p168903 but it appears not working now. I will continue investigating.

• Upvote 1

Mario
------------
Hardware: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero + AMD 5900X, G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32Gb DDR4 3200MHz, MSI RTX 3080 Ti
Software: Windows 11, Prepar3D v5.3HF2

1 hour ago, mdelacruzperu said:

I do, but I can't solve it yet. I have this issue since 4.1 and the way I solved it was with this post http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=127059&p=168903&hilit=kmco#p168903 but it appears not working now. I will continue investigating.

Please let me know if you find a fix.

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

No one else has this problem?

I don't have this problem.  The link that is provided above uses a very drastic method in that it removed the scenery bgl that contains the default KMCO.  However, there are usually multiple airports and scenery objects in one bgl so I never consider this a viable fix.  If you have both nice pretty addon taxi signs from T2G and also those plain-Jane default taxi signs then it is because you have another airport file (AF or AFCAD) somewhere in your scenery, most likely put there by a 3d party program such as a traffic addon.  An addon scenery has higher priority than default scenery and none of the default bgl should be bleed through, however another AF bgl will bleed through until you delete the default bgl, which is not the solution you should be looking for.

Dan Downs KCRP

5 hours ago, DJJose said:

I just saw that I have duplicate signs as shown on this thread:

http://forum.iflysimx.com/topic/1566-p3d-v41-some-problems-with-kmco/

If anyone has a fix, can you please share it with me?

Thanks.

Jose

Hi Jose,
Do you have Orbx Vector?
I solved it by opening APT_KMCO.BGL in ...ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_FixedAPT\scenery in ADE and created an exclusion area for taxiway signs. This doesn't alter the APT_KMCO.BGL file but compiles a new file (KMCO_ADEP4_ADE.bgl) that I place in an add-on scenery folder.

Spoiler

• Upvote 1

It's normal that T2G not say a word about this problem?

@bills511 would you like to share that file by posting a link here in the topic, please? thank you.

Oh... other objects of the default scenario, such as control towers and antennas, also appear.

Edited by otreblA

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

2 hours ago, otreblA said:

@bills511 would you like to share that file by posting a link here in the topic, please? thank you.

Oh... other objects of the default scenario, such as control towers and antennas, also appear.

Yeah it's normal I can guarantee you that.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Bills511 was kind enough to share his fix with me If he approves, I'll be glad to upload the fix.

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, otreblA said:

Try this thread and file.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/144253-grass-over-runway/?do=findComment&comment=1276135

You put the file in <P3D4>\Scenery\0302\scenery

The file also fixes KJAX. After I installed it, I decided to remove Bills fix from scebery folder just to test and now I don't see double taxi signs. I do see double windsocks, but I saw this issue with Bills fix. Give it a test.

• Like 1

Much better!

1.jpg

Now T2G needs to solve this:

2.jpg

And this:

3.jpg

Thank you, DJJose :cool:

Edited by otreblA

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

2nd pic, two control towers? The default tower is still showing up. Sloppy work by T2G. 

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

1 hour ago, otreblA said:

Much better!

1.jpg

Now T2G needs to solve this:

2.jpg

And this:

3.jpg

Thank you, DJJose :cool:

I just updated the afcad and removed duplicate windsocks. Thank me later!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7plwrhbh2wrd65e/KMCO_AF.bgl?dl=0

kmco2.jpg
kmco.jpg

The file in the ORBX site is going will cause an elevation issue at KORL. Not a big deal to me.

• Like 2

That AFCAD file is to put in KMCO\Scenery folder, right?

2018-3-31_17-5-39-762.jpg

Still with the default tower.

34 minutes ago, otreblA said:

That AFCAD file is to put in KMCO\Scenery folder, right?

2018-3-31_17-5-39-762.jpg

Still with the default tower.

Put the AFCAD in KMCO\Scenery folder.

Is the picture with the AFCAD I provided?