Hi all, I hope I'm posting in right section. Problem with running FSX-SE.

I have a good 6 month old Dell Aurora R5, i6700, 3.4 GZ, 3 monitor setup, GTX 1080ti, don't have exact specs in frt of me, but I had it built decent for FSX.  

Recently, I cannot get the clarity part of the graphics that good, that is my main complaint. I understand on 3 monitors I shouldn't expect the same clarity/resolution as single monitor. I have tried some reputable tweaks, both in fsx.cfg and in Nvidia. I have purchased Steves Direct10 which helped decent amount. The only way the picture seems clear is on the center screen with overhead view, looking down, only then does the ground scenery look clear, otherwise looking out to distance & to the sides it appears blurryish, almost like a painting. I even tried changing the cfg LOD setting from 4.50000 to 6.0000, but did not change anything. 

Other points- I have the inside FSX autogen & scenery set to sparse. 6 months ago I upgraded from the 1070 to the 1080ti, but in the fsx.cfg file there is old 1070 text/file there, not sure if that's an issue. Also, after loading FSX the main page which used to have advertised photos of Steam sales & things like that on it, is gone, its just red & black text.  To clarify, the VC & the aircraft itself looks great, its just the ground scenery, looks like a water painting unless doing birds eye view from above.

Not sure what to do. I've read about deleting everything & then reinstalling, but I'm worried about loosing Direct10 & my Orbx. Any help I'll appreciate,  Wish there were FSX field agents in every town that did house calls lol. Thanks very much.

The extra GTX 1070 section in the cfg file shouldn't be there and could be affecting things. Make a backup of your FSX.cfg file and delete the original. Restart FSX and it will create a new version. As it's FSX:SE, you don't need to make any specific tweaks. Does that make any difference?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

thank you very much i will try it soon. I was hesitant because so much text mushed together I can’t really tell where the 1070 material begins or ends but i’ll try. Thanks.  

also, I don't know how to insert photo on this site, when I click on insert media it says no attachments exist but I see no place to add them 

6 hours ago, Anthony Biaggio said:

thank you very much i will try it soon. I was hesitant because so much text mushed together I can’t really tell where the 1070 material begins or ends but i’ll try. Thanks. 

A lot changed. I refreshed my entire fsx cfg, but what really did the trick was some weird tweak to my computer that I saw on YT video.  Never heard of it. I typed “mscfg..”, something like that, into the “run” area in left hand corner of screen. Then over to a box menu containing my core info, clicked on advanced settings, and sure enough like the guy said by default only one core was activated. On drop down menu 8 of them appeared and set it to that. Like magic everything was much much better.