Sign in to follow this  
gpf3m

VSYNC question for P3D V4.2

I did a fresh install of P3D v4.2 and now it appears the vsync no longer works.  While engaged, the fps jumps from 42 fps down to 9.  I also see more stutters with more pausing. I am operating with a 4K monitor with a refresh rate of 30.  With 4.1 the vsync kept the fps at 29-30 with a smooth experience.

6800K oc 4.3, SSD, 4K monitor, GTX 1080 ti

Are you using the latest version of FSUIPC by chance?  123 causes pause/stutter/menu issues in 4.2  122 works fine.  You can downgrade with no issues if that's the culprit.

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

No I am not.  I do not use FSUIPC.

FWIW, I have a 4K monitor and use TrackIR - I lock at 20 and do not use Vsync. No issues at all.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Vic-

I tried locking to 20 fps and the sim was not fluid, like it was using vsync in V4.1.  I wonder if V4.2 broke vsync?

FYI. I have a 3770k and 780GTX with only 3 gb VRAM and a 30hz 4k monitor. I just installed P3Dv4.2 and have no addons installed yet. Turning on Vsync with or without triple buffering drops my FPS to a steady and smooth 30 just as it did in P3Dv4.1.

Ted 

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

8 hours ago, Mikelab6 said:

Go back to 4.1 (client only) and see what it does...

Mike

And what would that accomplish?  :huh:

Bert

Same FSUIPC that used with 4.1 here and took off from FT CYYZ smooth and no stutters. FT CYYZ always gives you a FPS drop but once above FL 50 everything smooth on first flight....

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

And what would that accomplish?  :huh:

To know if vsync is working again.  If it's works, he will know it's because of 4.2, if not he will know it's something else and not 4.2

It's very easy (few minutes) to go from 4.1 to 4.2 or 4.2 to 4.1 so it's a start point for troubleshooting..

Mike

17 hours ago, Mikelab6 said:

To know if vsync is working again.  If it's works, he will know it's because of 4.2, if not he will know it's something else and not 4.2

It's very easy (few minutes) to go from 4.1 to 4.2 or 4.2 to 4.1 so it's a start point for troubleshooting..

Mike

Mike-

Unfortunately I removed 4.1.  I did a clean re-install of 4.2 and the same issues.  FPS jumps from the low 40s to single digits with Vsync on.  It is a bit of a mess.

New development.  This behavior seems to manifest itself only when using Orbx Germany, both North and South.  Perhaps this is an Orbx incompatibility with 4.2.