Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

FF A320 Ultimate is now available!

1 hour ago, domae001 said:

Counterquestion: Who doesn't know how to operate an Airbus? It's basically like riding a bike at this point (a bike where your handlebars are electronically wired to digital computers which you have to operate in order to even move the bike and which may or may not decide to listen to your control inputs based on whether they align with the performance envelope of the bike) ;-) 

Seriously: Don't expect much documentation. 

I would expect documentation and tutorials for 90 bucks

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

What a beautiful bird but I really need a good camera program like chaseplane. I have a 3 monitor setup and kinda difficult to set up cameras with xcamera. But I will try and try

Cheers, Manny Ortiz

29 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Not from FF. They do provide links to the Airbus and Thales manuals of course, but they do not have extensive written guidance of their own if I am not mistaken. This, of course, might have something to do with them being Russian and thus not being able to produce a well-written technical document of several hundred pages in English. When you observe the writing in the support forum, their English is okay, but understandably not their strong suite (which is where a lot of miscommunication in the forums comes from, xEnviro is another case of a Russian dev occasionally not finding the proper words).

Also, tutorials is something better left to the community: I am sure there will be (or probably already are) plenty tutorials (of varying quality) available on YouTube within no time.

3 hours ago, rdb said:

FF A320 comes with a single PDF explaining license activation and EFB. Not a single word on how to operate the aircraft. No tutorial.

During the beta we had access to this site for documentation.

Docs: http://www.avsimrus.com/f/aviation-documents-15/?search=A320&sopt_mode=or&folder=15&s

This is also a good base.

FMS: http://www.737ng.co.uk/airbusfms.pdf

Dont forget this aircraft is fully modelled and licensed....the actual Airbus manuals work really well. I invested in Capt Mike Ray's guide to the A320 and it is 100% spot on. All bugs reported were based on the Airbus manuals, and corrections or clarifications were also given quoting official Airbus manuals and performance data.

It is an impressive bit of kit.

As for tutorial, they did state at the beginning there would not be one. This product is aimed at systems simulation. To quote them "if you need a tutorial to use a systems simulator then this is not the product for you"..

• Upvote 1

is the FF A320 simulating failures and associated ECAM alerts? 

Thank you!

John.

3 minutes ago, 757FO said:

is the FF A320 simulating failures and associated ECAM alerts? 

Thank you!

John.

It has all operation laws simulated. Systems are deeply simulated as well..

Last update I did, it still did not have custom failure controls....BUT....one flight i did, out of EDDT i hit a flock of birds on climb and lost engine two.

I started to lose hydraulics and associated systems, engine shut down and it went to alternate law..I provided the data to the developer and the got an explanation for every system...it is not a single layer of system, things are built to coordinate with each other just like a real aircraft. Yes I did get ECAM alerts, but at the time the developer stated he was working on adding ALL ECAM alerts that exist in the real A320, he just wasnt finished yet. I am not sure if it is completed now, I will have a look later today

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, WR269 said:

It has all operation laws simulated. Systems are deeply simulated as well..

Last update I did, it still did not have custom failure controls....BUT....one flight i did, out of EDDT i hit a flock of birds on climb and lost engine two.

I started to lose hydraulics and associated systems, engine shut down and it went to alternate law..I provided the data to the developer and the got an explanation for every system...it is not a single layer of system, things are built to coordinate with each other just like a real aircraft. Yes I did get ECAM alerts, but at the time the developer stated he was working on adding ALL ECAM alerts that exist in the real A320, he just wasnt finished yet. I am not sure if it is completed now, I will have a look later today

Thank you for the information Will! 

for those wondering about systems fidelity....this is a video of Beta version with a real Airbus Pilot as a guest.

Guest JustanotherPilot

I've been excited for this release but at $A114, it's way over my budget, I'll be sticking with the IXEG 737 and the Zibo 737 for my airliner flying in XP11.

5 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I'm using the FSLabs documentation, in theory they should be close to the same.

So far, both aircraft performing extremely well.

Cheers, Rob.

58 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I'm using the FSLabs documentation, in theory they should be close to the same.

So far, both aircraft performing extremely well.

Cheers, Rob.

The FF developer advised against direct comparisons as the two products simulated different series of MCDU and other items, so the FSL Airbus documentation should be good to go but be mindful of the differences in operation.

I recall seeing a video of the two products side by side as the FSL model has been the benchmark for many simmers....to be honest they both look great...I noticed setting take off trim is the one major difference in functionality...it has caught me out many times in the FF.

• Upvote 2

I own both products, but now that I have a higher resolution HMD, I must say that VR flying is more enjoyable on the FFA320. The EFB helps immensely!

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Is there any info how to update Navdata ? 

I have updated XPlane native via Navigraph, but it doesn`t seem to use that.

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

9 hours ago, tonywob said:

Ouch, my point exactly. Thanks for the heads up. I'll await some more info on how to use this aircraft. (For a Boeing user, Airbus stuff are completely new to me)

Maybe this will help you: