Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

FF A320 Ultimate is now available!

Thx for sharing that Michael !

And just on schedule, another great video by BlackBox 711 was recorded exactly using this FF A320, as well as the iXeg 737 ( if I'm not mistaken... )... Just posted about it in the "Hangar"...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

FSLabs 320 updated to P3Dv4.2 and working perfect. Now FF 320... What is happening today? My heart is divided and my pocket empty! :blush:

It's pricey in x plane terms.

but it looks to be the most detailed tube liner yet!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Expensive indeed. 

I've watched a few beta videos on this, and I'm curious if the product includes decent tutorials and documentation, or are you expected to already know an Airbus before using this?

• Upvote 1

Done!  Now that FSLabs A320 update is out for P3D V4.2 ... this should make for a good compare.  FSLabs version is pretty impressive in systems depth and now performance is back up.  But larger commercial aircraft never seemed to be much of an FPS problem in XP11.11+, I've heard lots of good about the FF A320 ... I can see I'll have a busy 3 day weekend.

Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers, Rob.

34 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Expensive indeed. 

I've watched a few beta videos on this, and I'm curious if the product includes decent tutorials and documentation, or are you expected to already know an Airbus before using this?

Counterquestion: Who doesn't know how to operate an Airbus? It's basically like riding a bike at this point (a bike where your handlebars are electronically wired to digital computers which you have to operate in order to even move the bike and which may or may not decide to listen to your control inputs based on whether they align with the performance envelope of the bike) ;-) 

Seriously: Don't expect much documentation. 

I've never used an airbus in P3D or X-Plane, so not sure what to actually expect. The PMDG and IXEG docs and tutorials were great, and enough to get you up and running and learning more. I'm sure Youtubers will eventually help out here as they always do

26 minutes ago, domae001 said:

Counterquestion: Who doesn't know how to operate an Airbus? It's basically like riding a bike at this point (a bike where your handlebars are electronically wired to digital computers which you have to operate in order to even move the bike and which may or may not decide to listen to your control inputs based on whether they align with the performance envelope of the bike) ;-) 

Seriously: Don't expect much documentation. 

I bet there will be a 200 - 300 pages of documentation

1 hour ago, tonywob said:

Expensive indeed.

The livery packs at $10 each seems a little over the top considering base price ... the FF 320 + liveries would official win the title of most expensive add-on Aircraft I've ever purchased at $170.

My goal is to see if I can get either of these aircraft into manual trim :)

Cheers, Rob.

48 minutes ago, tonywob said:

The PMDG and IXEG docs and tutorials were great, and enough to get you up and running and learning more.

FF A320 comes with a single PDF explaining license activation and EFB. Not a single word on how to operate the aircraft. No tutorial.

Regards,

Radek

Ouch, my point exactly. Thanks for the heads up. I'll await some more info on how to use this aircraft. (For a Boeing user, Airbus stuff are completely new to me)

23 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

The livery packs at $10 each seems a little over the top considering base price ... the FF 320 + liveries would official win the title of most expensive add-on Aircraft I've ever purchased at $170.

My goal is to see if I can get either of these aircraft into manual trim :)

Cheers, Rob.

The livery packs are absolutely not needed. There's already a LOT of liveries painted covering pretty much every real-world livery included in those packs with much higher quality. Check out this thread https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/128461-flightfactor-a320-ultimate-liveries-master-request-and-wip-list/&

The livery packs are really only there to scrape a few extra bucks out of people who for whatever reason don't do any research into livery availability after they buy the plane, or those who want an obscure or fictional livery that's unavailable in the forums but included in one of the packs. 

• Upvote 3

The aircraft like many can of course be daunting if you have never flown it. Like others, you can do what i do with a new release; take it around your favourite airport using stick and rudder. 

I have both and the main difference for me (not doing a compare of systems) is the handling: FFA320 very sensitive to my joystick, FSlabs requires more effort.

Both are a credit to their respective sims - if you can support them, do so.

The go to for tutorials seems to be youtube: blackbox711