Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

Runway allocation?

I use RC4 with X-Plane 11 using XPUIPC to interface. I also have World Traffic 3 to generate AI.  I have one problem where quite often RC4 allocates a different runway to XP11 and WT3, which whilst I can request an alternative runway, if I don't realise I can find AI aircraft heading straight for me at takeoff!!😩

Just wondering how does RC4 determine the runway in use? Should it use weather reported by XP11 or is it getting the weather report and runway allocation from a different source?

Thanks,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Stuart,

From memory and referencing FS it looks at which runway the Ai are using. The same logic will apply to XPlane.

But if there's a shift in the wind since the Ai were loaded they won't respond to it. Your Wx program should be running and generating Wx in XPlane before you start RC4.

I sometimes find I'm allocated a different runway to that for the prevailing wind which I don't understand. JD could tell you why with a generated log if he was still active. But I suspect you'll have to live with this inconsistency when it happens. Hopefully not very often.

Sorry I can't give a more precise answer.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

AI are generated in a clump when FS is first loaded. They need to be refreshed after the weather is applied. I do this after setting up the aircraft while parked.

FS will also allow a small tail wind component if the direction of runway or other runway factors are more suitable.

Another complication occurs if FS requires the use of global weather mode where in the FS universe the weather applied is referenced to the area surrounding the user aircraft. As that weather changes with user aircraft movement then the ai will be constantly changing between the time RC samples the weather to determine the runway and the time the approach is executed.

If P3D acts similarly then the best solution is to apply a destination weather lock (if possible) so winds become stable during the last few miles of the approach. Please see the locked post "Attention ASE FSX Users".

If a refresh AI command is not available then advance the FS time one minute and the AI should refresh.

Thanks guys, 

Not sure if RC4 can read AI traffic generated by World Traffic 3 in X-PLANE11, so this could be the issue for me.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373