Sign in to follow this  
Dane Watson

Little NavMap > GTN750 AIRAC 1611

Little NavMap is superb and I would not be without it - just like my Flight1 GTN750 GPS I would not fly without it.

The only issue I have which I have wondered if there is a way to solve this is - - -

Is there a way to load an AIRAC 1611 database into Little NavMap so that when I plan a route and export it in the GTN format for importing, my GTN often is not happy with many of the way points because it's database is an older 1611?

I realize the Little NavMap AIRAC is more up to date but in a way that does not help my syncing and flow through to my GTN.

Regards,

Dane

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

1 hour ago, Flyfox said:

Why not just buy an updated Airac for the GTN?

Because the cost is way to prohibitive to update the GTN.

But I was wondering if I downloaded the 1611 AIRAC from Navigraph could I then install that into Little NavMap?

On any of these sims we are never flying as 'real pilots' so why the need to have the most up to date nav data? - as long as all your data is synced for me that is more important. We also know that the databases for FSX as well as P3D are also not the most current.

Regards, Dane

It's relevant to have the latest data if you fly online with Vatsim or Pilot Edge.

I previously ran 1611 with Little Nav Map without any issues prior to updating the GTN to 1802. So it's absolutely possible and worked just fine. Having the updated nav points from this site is also needed - http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

2 hours ago, softreset said:

It's relevant to have the latest data if you fly online with Vatsim or Pilot Edge.

I previously ran 1611 with Little Nav Map without any issues prior to updating the GTN to 1802. So it's absolutely possible and worked just fine. Having the updated nav points from this site is also needed - http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

Thanks for your input, it's appreciated.

I need to understand more the link you provided -  how did you update GTN?

Regards, Dane

The link is for updating navigation sources in FSX/P3D.

I'm unable to provide any insight on how I was able to take Navigraph data and update the GTN, AVSIM doesn't approve.

3 hours ago, softreset said:

The link is for updating navigation sources in FSX/P3D.

I'm unable to provide any insight on how I was able to take Navigraph data and update the GTN, AVSIM doesn't approve.

Thanks for your info...

Regards, Dane

11 minutes ago, albar965 said:

fsAerodata now has the option to install a 1611 database. Maybe Navigraph can offer the same? Could be helpful if you do not fly online and don't care about the old data.

Alex

Thanks Alex,

I will check that out as I do not fly online and the old data is fine with me as long as I can try to get all programs talking the same language (so to speak).

Dane

Regards, Dane

1 hour ago, Dane Watson said:

Thanks Alex,

I will check that out as I do not fly online and the old data is fine with me as long as I can try to get all programs talking the same language (so to speak).

Dane

I would be very interested in this solution as well...please let us know if you are successful and how you synchronized on a particular database.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

On 2/17/2018 at 3:02 PM, albar965 said:

fsAerodata now has the option to install a 1611 database. Maybe Navigraph can offer the same? Could be helpful if you do not fly online and don't care about the old data.

Alex

Thanks Alex. I did check out fsAerodata and you are correct they can provide AIRAC 1611 - Navigrapgh cannot . I don't quite understand that as somehow fsAerodat requires my subscription to Navigraph - not sure how that works or why.

Bottom line is I purchased an fsAerodat subscription and I did download and install the AIRAC 1611 Cycle. During the process the only choices that fsAerodata give are to install into the sims (P3D, FSX, etc.) - so I did that.

Now I am confused as to how I get Little NavMap changed from your standard 1802 Cycle to my 1611 Cycle - can you help?

Dane

Regards, Dane

Hi Dane,

that's easy: Select "Scenery Library" -> "Navigraph" -> "Do not use Navigraph Database". This will use data from P3D only which you updated to 1611 with fsAerodata. Do not forget to reload the scenery database after the upgrade.

If you need the latest navdata again simply switch back using "Use Navigraph for Navaids and Procedures". The online manual contains some more information on these modes: https://albar965.gitbooks.io/little-navmap-user-manual/content/en/NAVDATA.html

Alex

23 minutes ago, albar965 said:

Hi Dane,

that's easy: Select "Scenery Library" -> "Navigraph" -> "Do not use Navigraph Database". This will use data from P3D only which you updated to 1611 with fsAerodata. Do not forget to reload the scenery database after the upgrade.

If you need the latest navdata again simply switch back using "Use Navigraph for Navaids and Procedures". The online manual contains some more information on these modes: https://albar965.gitbooks.io/little-navmap-user-manual/content/en/NAVDATA.html

Alex

Thank you Alex, as usual you always come to the rescue.

In your latest Version 1.8 User Manual you have a full page of Acknowledgements to others that helped in making Little NavMap so successful.

I would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge you with thanks for such a great product in Little NavMap.

Regards,

Dane

Regards, Dane

Hi Guys,

I chanced on this thread while wrestling with the same problem as Dane.  The best luck I've had in the flightsim world for a long time.

By tonight I've had a little fun flight in the French Alps, guided by my GTN750, and my head is buzzing with completing the EGHJ-EGPC IFR plan.

I'd like to thank Alex for developing Little Navmap.  I can't understand why such a very comprehensive application is so called.  It's going to take me some time to just find my way around it.

Regards, Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.