Sign in to follow this  
Raller

Elevator Trim Switch

Can anyone explain to me what the "Elevator Trim Switch" is for and how to use it during flight?

The only thing i can find is in the Checklist.
Before Taxi: Elevator Trim Switch = ON
...and that's it

Thanks
Raller

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

This is just a convenient alternative to using the trim wheel.

I don't have this plane yet, so I don't know if there is a way to turn it off/on, but I suggest you read the checklist item as "check if it works".

Edit: See my post below for more relevant information.

I found something in the POH of the real aircraft (available directly from Mooney at http://www.mooney.com/en/pdf/POH3600G.pdf), it contains the following information on page 7-11 (page 139 in the pdf):

21. ELEVATOR TRIM (ELEC TRIM) SWITCH
Switch is normally left in ON position and serves as both a circuit protector and a master discon-
nect for the electric trim system in the event of a malfunction. The Radio Master Switch must be
ON before power is available to elevator trim system.

According to the POH the switch is located next to the pitot heat switch.

Is it the same in the Alabeo version?

Edit: I found a screen shot, the switch is there, just one position further to the right (Pitot Heat, Boost Pump, Elev Trim)

Edit2: The changed position is the normal position for newer M20R aircraft, as shown in http://www.mooney.com/en/pdf/POH3800B.pdf on page 135.

• Upvote 1

Hi Thomas,

many thanks for your help and your detailed research and the link to the POH pdf. With OCR i made the pdf searchable and that helps a lot...

Regards
Raller

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M