Sign in to follow this  
GeoSkyman

P3D 4.2

Hello, please if someone can help me please.

while I’m in pre flight or what ever clear for push back I get this pop up menu and I have no idea why, even it never happen before.

This device(NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti) stopped working for the following reason:DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG. Do you want to exit Prepar3D? Click yes to exit, No to desable rendering to this device  or Cancel to keep using this device(Prepar3D may crash).

please advise what to do and why happen this

Georgios

from the updates and improvements to V4.2

"Added pop-up message that is shown when graphics driver crashes allowing scenario to be saved before shut down"

meaning your graphics driver has crashed...

Jorge

If graphic driver crashed, what can be the problem? Is it something I can do? I contacted nvidia support team and the only I get was to delete the folder NVIDIA in c drive and make a advance and clean installation of the latest nvidia drivers. I’ve done it, restarted and while was ready to taxi, got the same problem.

please someone to advise

Georgios

It appears to be related to a bad overclock.  This is why it is never ever fixed when going back to a previous driver or updating your video card drivers (as stated on the Internet and in the GeForce Forums. It is why no one else is getting this error (latest in Dec 2017 for another gamer). This error has occurred for several years and it is not new and it is not related to P3DV4.2 whatsoever other than you might have your settings set too high for your computer system (which all we know has the 1080TI installed). The only logical explanation is a bad overclock.  If overclocked, reset to Optimal Defaults.

A DirectX error is also related to sound cards, not just video cards.  If the suggested fix to lower the overclock does not fix the problem, then I would research potential issues with your sound card.

Go to the search bar on your computer and type troubleshoot.  Troubleshoot hardware.

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim hi, and thank you for your support. My msi afterburner is set to core clock 160 and memory clock 260 MHz 

my fan speed is at 90

before the P3D 4.2 update I never had this pop up menu as I menssioned

my core voltage is far left, power and temp limits far right

Now I’m on flight and so far goes ok

please your advise

Georgios

Like he said, set the sliders for the clock speed back. Simple.

Thank you, that’s what I did, I’m on cruise and seems ok. 

Need to ask please what about to overclock my GTX 1080 ti?

1. Core voltage?

2. Power limit?

3. Temp limit?

4. Core clock MHz ?

5. Memory clock MHz ?

thank you

15 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Thank you, that’s what I did, I’m on cruise and seems ok. 

Need to ask please what about to overclock my GTX 1080 ti?

1. Core voltage?

2. Power limit?

3. Temp limit?

4. Core clock MHz ?

5. Memory clock MHz ?

thank you

Overclocking refers to making the CPU faster, not the graphics card. I assume yours is not overclocked, otherwise you would know.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

That depends on you overall system...not just GPU. Everyone that overclocks will experience different result with different system i.e. CPU, MB...etc.

If you PC is strong enough and if everything is smooth by default keep it that way, NO overclocking is required. I tried with and without and became major nonsense with no results whatsoever. Fluid, nice and crisp. FPS good. You can choose, either you gonna be flying and enjoying or you are gonna be fixing and adjusting every day. And at the end you will get in to definition of insanity.  That is my experience 

:biggrin:

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

11 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Overclocking refers to making the CPU faster, not the graphics card. I assume yours is not overclocked, otherwise you would know.

BTW i like you plane spotting from Airport RD....

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

9 minutes ago, threegreen said:

You can also overclock your GPU processor and memory.

Simbol 

• Upvote 3

While GPU and memory can also be overclocked, IMHO the benefits are almost too small to notice, if any. Most manufacturers today maximize their product, leaving little room for serious overclocking.

While not seeing any definitive reports, I have read frequently that, unlike clocking a CPU, clocking memory or GPU can noticeably shorten the life of the product.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

FWIW I was getting lots of nvidia crashes when i first purchased my 1080ti. In the end, I was watching HW monitor during a flight and noticed the 12v rail was sometimes dropping down to 11v, when this happened P3d would crash in terms of graphics but still be running in terms of sound

In the end I purchased a really decent PSU and all of my nvidia crashes went away

• Upvote 1