Sign in to follow this  
CaptainStraw

Latest experimental version: short stutter

I spent a good part of the evening trying to figure out why suddenly I was getting short stutters when panning around inside the cockpit (A2A Cessna 182).

FPS was in the high 60s and except for panning around, everything was butter smooth.

I tried everything: reverting to an old driver, rebuilding cfg, clearing shader cache, playing around with nVidia inspector. 

I don't know why I didn't think of ChasePlane being the culprit sooner. As soon as I opted out of experimental, panning around is butter smooth again.

Just a heads up in case this little glitch moves on to public release. Anyone else noticed this behavior? 

• Upvote 1

J.C.

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Microsoft Flight Simulator - i7 7700k 5.0 gHz - EVGA 1080ti FTW3 - G.Skill RipJaws 3200 MHz 32GB

I get the same using P3D v4.2.  Particularly in an external view centered on the aircraft (e.g. spot view).  Panning around leads to short camera stutters.  VC experiences the same but far more noticeable for me on the exterior.  Sim itself is running fine, but appears to be the camera movement itself stuttering.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

14 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

I get the same using P3D v4.2.  Particularly in an external view centered on the aircraft (e.g. spot view).  Panning around leads to short camera stutters.  VC experiences the same but far more noticeable for me on the exterior.  Sim itself is running fine, but appears to be the camera movement itself stuttering.

Bump.

My stutters are more prominent. I know it's an issue with CP because when I close it and pan around with the default mouse, all is fine and silk smooth.

I'm getting this stutter as well in spot view. My pan hat switch is definitely unassigned in Prepar3d, so that's not it.

I have noticed that if I load up the flight, then close ChasePlane, then launch ChasePlane again, the stutters are gone!

It's definitely not the best fix, but it seems to be a workaround for me in the meantime. Try it and see if you get the same results. I might have to deactivate "Start ChasePlane automatically with P3D" (or whatever that option is called).

Good luck!

J.C.

Microsoft Flight Simulator - i7 7700k 5.0 gHz - EVGA 1080ti FTW3 - G.Skill RipJaws 3200 MHz 32GB

That's very odd, I'm using the latest experimental version and P3D 4.1 and when I pan with my hat switch it's as smooth as silk.

Jack Sawyer

Just a heads up, with the latest V0.4.192 Experimental Beta it's still the same thing: stutters when panning. And the same fix I outlined above still works for me: If I close ChasePlane and launch it again, no stutters.

J.C.

Very strange, we have not had reports of stutters since 0.4 came out...

Can you guys detect a certain frequency to the stutter? Is it synchronized with the FSUIPC stutter (~every second)?

Thank you!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Not synchronized to FSUIPC on my system, have downgraded to .121b.  It’s much more frequent than 1 second.  Obviously more noticeable when panning quickly and is not tied to any simulator stuttering...aircraft still flies smoothly, just camera panning stuttering.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I have not installed FSUIPC yet since I've updated to 4.2, so it's not related in my case.

The frequency of the stuttering varies and I haven't noticed a pattern, but for me it's anywhere from 1 to 5 seconds. Aside from that, my sim is very smooth when not panning.

J.C.

Also important to note that the view will not move smoothly when operating in simulator cameras that are not owned by ChasePlane (E.g. Spot View)

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Confirm this problem.

On 4.1 use always normal version and not have any issue with panning.

Few days ago i complete remove 4.1 and install a fresh 4.2 version. Go to cp experimental version and i see this microstutters when panning in vc, but also in external view sometimes have a microstutters with fps solid at 30...and when i have the microstutters fps is normal. I try with fsuipc 5.122a and last .123e...but don't change anything.

Gianluca Balloni

...and...try to disable "enable advanced features".

In my case, disable this option and camera panning it's return to smooth. Anyone test it?

Gianluca Balloni

hey Jack, 

Is there a tut video out there for quick set up for newbies?

Capt. Robert Rixx