Sign in to follow this  
Fess_ter

A2A ground steering P3D v4.2

It seems the A2A ground steering issue that some had with the 4.1 upgrade is back with 4.2, it is at least for me.
At first I tried just the client upgrade. Comanche wont steer on ground, like dragging a broken nose wheel with rudder only.
Uninstalled p3d and did a full re-install with 4.2. Problem still there.

I do not have EZDOK, which was responsible for some of the 4.1 issues that others had.

Anyone else have it? Its only the A2A planes of mine. PMDG 737 is fine.

~Fess

Nick,

Just tried the Accu-Sim update, no dice.
Might have to wait for a new Accu-Sim update.
Or it could be just me :-P
I had to go and early adopt.  Nope, couldn't wait a few weeks.

~Fess

Fixed it.

I unwound it and did it up again.
Uninstalled all A2A planes.
Re-installed one, did the accu-sim update, and modded the add-ons.cfg file as instructed by the A2A site.
Re-installed the rest (after the first was working) and the accu-sim update and the add-ons.cfg file.
My trouble may have started with me moving the A2A planes after first P3Dv4.2 did not show them in aircraft selection. (The add-ons.cfg mod fixes that.)

If you haven't muddied the water like myself... the A2A work around is to edit the add-ons.cfg file in the hidden folder likely on your C: drive C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg

In the file, you want to remove the slash at the end... change this...
PATH=F:\Users\yourpcname\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\
to this...
PATH=F:\Users\yourpcname\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A
NOTE: your drive letter may vary

~Fess

Thanks for the update Fess.

Yeah, if you manually moved parts of the installation around due to the Comanche not showing up in P3D v4.2 (before you found the topics describing the "add-ons.cfg" trailing backslash edit) this will almost certainly be the reason the Accu-Sim update didn't work as expected.

Good to hear you're back in business anyway. :smile:

Nick

P.S. The info on the "add-ons.cfg" edit for A2A aircraft in P3D v4.2 is also pinned at the top of this forum.

Nick M - A2A Simulations