Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

AddonOrganizer 1.28 released

Hello @ll,

the P4AO addon organizer version 1.28 has been released. Starting with this version the P4AO will also show other addons that are installed only in the various .cfg files of the simulator. This is limited to pure .cfg based content currently, exe.xml and dll.xml programmatic content will be added at a later date.

As usual the app is available for download on the Lorby-SI website http://www.lorby-si.com , section \Downloads

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Excellent! Thank you so much, Oliver.

Quick question: I have a custom AI pack (various freeware models, flight plans, liveries, etc) and they're all in their custom folder outside of the sim. However, this AI pack is slightly over 40GB in size and comes with a lot of BGL (flightplans) files that make the sim boot-up extremely long (several minutes). 

I tried to find a way to disable just these flight plans in AddonOrganizer so I can decrease the sim boot-up time when I want to fly online and don't need offline AI flying around but haven't had any success. Disabling the entire add on in AddonOrganizer also stops vPilot from noticing that the pack exists so I lose my model matching there. Do you know if there is a feature in AddonOrganizer which I could use to disable just the flight plan BGLs while keeping the rest of it active (Models, Textures, Effects)?

Thanks again for the update, really appreciate it.

1 hour ago, krazyk said:

Excellent! Thank you so much, Oliver.

Quick question: I have a custom AI pack (various freeware models, flight plans, liveries, etc) and they're all in their custom folder outside of the sim. However, this AI pack is slightly over 40GB in size and comes with a lot of BGL (flightplans) files that make the sim boot-up extremely long (several minutes). 

I tried to find a way to disable just these flight plans in AddonOrganizer so I can decrease the sim boot-up time when I want to fly online and don't need offline AI flying around but haven't had any success. Disabling the entire add on in AddonOrganizer also stops vPilot from noticing that the pack exists so I lose my model matching there. Do you know if there is a feature in AddonOrganizer which I could use to disable just the flight plan BGLs while keeping the rest of it active (Models, Textures, Effects)?

Thanks again for the update, really appreciate it.

Hi, 

the flight plans are basically scenery = BGL files, and can be handled as such:

Option 1:  just disable them on the main (scenery) screen of P4AO. The app can disable only parts of an add-on.xml file too, although strictly speaking the way that it does this is against the spec. On the main page, just doubleclick the scenery entry with the flight plans so they turn red. On the "other addons" tab the planes should still be active.

Option 2: Split the definition into two separate add-on.xml files, one for the flight plans, the other for the models. Then you can disable the one or the other at will.

Please make sure that you use the latest version of the P4AO.

Best regards

LORBY-SI