Sign in to follow this  
fghdgdfdfgfgf

Z370 ROG Mobos snap-crackle-pop

3 hours ago, FunknNasty said:

Ok, I've seen enough.

This upgrade has exceeded my even my most wildest dreams. It's gonna take a few weeks for me to come up with the words to express the experience I've had with this kit over the last two days.

Oh sure, I can tell you the easy measurable like, my minimum FPS on short final into LAX has gone from 16-18 to 24-27 but that would even begin to tell the story of the true performance I'm getting.

The ROG Apex coupled with the 8700 or 8600k and GSKILL memory needs to be stickied somewhere in these forums.

I'll be back .... with pictures. :-)

Edit: Upgraded from: Asus Z87- I5 4670 4.7Ghz  - Gskill 2400 2x8GB cl10 XMP - Carried over the ASUS Strix 1070

i agree , the Z370 Apex with a good 8700k-8600k is in my option the most solid uppgrade for P3D.

i have worked hard with a X299 Apex with a 7980XE this week , delidd applying liqued metal tweak the cpu for stable FRQ both with HT on and OFF.

This Cpu needs real Custom water cooling it produce a lot of heat 

result Realbench stable 4.9ghz HT on and 5.0ghz with HT off

shall test it in P3D V4.2 today with SLI 2 x 1080TI 3-way not supported in P3D , have 3 watercooled cards mounted now have 4 gpus but my PSU is to small for 4 cards have one dedicated 1600W PSU for CPU and 1 GPU the second 1000W PSU for 2 GPUs cant handle 3 overclocked 1080TI

have one more Evga Supernova 1600W on the way, 

Here is my 3-way time spy result watercooled double loop system ambient 18c

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/3377117

I'm laughing at that Time Spy result ...and it's verified! Nice.  Yeah, that 1600w P/s makes me want spit out my coffee, too.

It looks like you"re onto bigger and better things but I wanna ask, if given the time what are your vitals are, and a bench or two, with Raj's 4133? And (bonus ?), do you have something that can beat his stability/performance with the same clocks? Or are his timings with the gskill really the """Apex""" of efficiency and performance on a z370.

Important note on the 4133 2x8 gskill profile: I have to manually insert the dram frequency 3700 to 4133, everything else in my setup is unchanged. I noticed this after I put up his profile against another 24/7 5.0 using XMP. I'm glad I revisited the 4133 profile and noticed the ..."""typo"""?

Edited by FunknNasty
Note:

shall test the Raja profile in the sim next week ,shall do some 4-way first then its time to compare the x299 to Z370.

Asus RD test a lot off profiles for the Apex series they ar qute safe, if you have a really good CPU one or two steps on the multi is possible

the same on the mems , its some headroom if your memset is very good, for tighten all up or run them at 4266 or higher

my eng is bad hard to explain

Yeah, I think my system is dialed in as good as is practical, I just wanna see how my system stacks up against another build with same bios clocks and timings. That, and I'm wanna see how my system is vs an 8700K.

Looking forward to some of those X299 to Z370 numbers.

couple of performance screenies with the coffee lake:

coffeebenches.png

Edited by FunknNasty
...they call me re-run? :-)

My vitals over FS Dreamteams's AI packed LAX on Orbix SoCal.

laxsmall.png

I'm so pumped with this kit that I went and got myself an EVGA 1080ti. Yeah, I did!  :-)

....Hell, I might even donate to Avsim!

On 2/17/2018 at 11:17 AM, FunknNasty said:

how's your ROG board

Doing fine.   No problems here at all with my ASUS Maximus X Hero WiFi Z370 board after about 3 months of use.

Would buy again BUT before I bought, I gave a lot of consideration to some of ASRock's and Gigabyte's offerings.  I came very close to buying one of the Gigabyte Aorus boards.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Well, after selling my 1070 last nite i popped the factory seal off my 1080ti.

In a nutshell:

- the Haswell does not do the 1070 justice

- the 1070 does not do the Coffee Lake justice

I didn't think i had a nuther WOW in me ....this buiild just destroys p3d v4.2

Edited by FunknNasty

On 3/1/2018 at 11:47 PM, westman said:

Here is my 3-way time spy result watercooled double loop system ambient 18c

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/3377117

I don't know about you but I like to be on top ,,,,

I'm number 1 on the Real Bench V2 ""Maximus"" i5 scoreboard, #10 overall with one video card and on the second page OVERALL! woo hooo!!!!!  :-)

Edited by FunknNasty

On 3/1/2018 at 9:12 AM, FunknNasty said:

Mine is not delidded.

The thermal difference between my cpu and Flier's is interesting to me.

The max temp I've seen on my build so far was 71c. And may be because I couldn't fit the fans on the radiator ...well, I had one fan half cocked on the radiator while the other was lying on the power supply : -) ....both were running at just 600rpm. -I may actually go back to this config, I liked the quiet. :-)

My max voltages and temps using:

AIDA64 Stress Test (latest ver.) is 1.33 powering a 85% cpu load. Temps Hi 50's.

OCCT ver 4.5.0 - linepack 64bit - 90% mem load - cpu load at 100 is 1.34 with temps no higher that 65c.

Prepared v4 under extreme load is around 1.38 with max temps in the high 60's

Problem solved. I'm at 4.9 Ghz now. I upped the Vcore to 1.38v and she stabilized and cooled down. I might try backing it down a little. Package and all cores running mid 40s-60s (constantly fluctuating). Max temps are 65-73 range. I have not put any effort into my cooling system. I have a simple Coolermaster Hyper 212 CPU cooler and 2 case fans in an economy class Zalman Z9 case. 

I think I might get a closed loop CPU cooler and shoot for 5.Ghz. That might require a new case. No big deal, but it is a PIA. 

That being said, the difference between 4.8 and 4.9 Ghz is noticeable in FSX. At this very moment, I have Chrome, HWMonitor, and FSX running. FSX is showing between 70 and 100FPS (in a window) and it looks gorgeous. Silky smooth. Not a stutter or a blip. Just perfect. 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

13 hours ago, MDFlier said:

Problem solved. I'm at 4.9 Ghz now. I upped the Vcore to 1.38v and she stabilized and cooled down. I might try backing it down a little. Package and all cores running mid 40s-60s (constantly fluctuating). Max temps are 65-73 range. I have not put any effort into my cooling system. I have a simple Coolermaster Hyper 212 CPU cooler and 2 case fans in an economy class Zalman Z9 case. 

I think I might get a closed loop CPU cooler and shoot for 5.Ghz. That might require a new case. No big deal, but it is a PIA. 

That being said, the difference between 4.8 and 4.9 Ghz is noticeable in FSX. At this very moment, I have Chrome, HWMonitor, and FSX running. FSX is showing between 70 and 100FPS (in a window) and it looks gorgeous. Silky smooth. Not a stutter or a blip. Just perfect. 

WTG man!

Funny, I used the Hyper 212 with a published 3DMark06 score showing an i5 2500k at 5.4Ghz. I have the new and improved EVO 212 in my Haswell. Nice cooler.