Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Black patches 4.2

I am noticing black patches within urban cities would be in 4.2. Anyone else seeing this?   I am running orbx (not vector) and have black marble running. Sim runs fine other than this.  I also just installed sky force but I don’t think that would do anything.  Thoughts?  I did a night flight last night but obviously didn’t notice.  Although the highway lights of black marble popped up more than before. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

As I got lower it looked like blocks of night textures were loading.  My best guess of what caused it could be that I paused the sim for an hour and a half or so to feed and change my daughter and maybe that confused the sim?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Hi, does it look like this?

My textures were messed up after the 4.2 update. I reinstalled OpenLC and the problem was solved.

screenshot_16nns1y.jpg

Regards, Sebastian

Yep.  That is exactly what it was. 

2 hours ago, fly_edds said:

Hi, does it look like this?

My textures were messed up after the 4.2 update. I reinstalled OpenLC and the problem was solved.

screenshot_16nns1y.jpg

Did you uninstall then reinstall?

8 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

Did you uninstall then reinstall?

I deleted the relevant .txt files for openlc EU in <p3d folder>\ORBX\User Documents\Versions . Then I was able to do a fresh install.

Regards, Sebastian

I'm getting this also. Is the solution reinstalling OpenLC then? I have been unable to find any references over Orbx forums.

Thanks

Enrique Vaamonde

34 minutes ago, evaamo said:

I'm getting this also. Is the solution reinstalling OpenLC then? I have been unable to find any references over Orbx forums.

Thanks

I unfortunately stalled and then installed and that seemed to fix it

If you installed the scenery update, you need to reinstall orbx global too.  Also, make sure you flush your shader cache.

• Like 1

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

I have the black patches too.  You can just use FTX Central to do the uninstall/reinstall.  It downloaded a new copy on the reinstall.

Same issue here as I was approaching LOWI. I'll give the openLC reinstall a try. Thanks for posting this!

- Aaron

Slait... I too had night textures appearing during the day in the mountains north of LOWI. 

I found my options for LOWI were incorrectly set to “Orbx Global is installed” rather than “Orbx Germany South is installedl”. Changing this one setting  in the Orbx LOWI control panel fixed the black textures for me.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, paj said:

Slait... I too had night textures appearing during the day in the mountains north of LOWI. 

I found my options for LOWI were incorrectly set to “Orbx Global is installed” rather than “Orbx Germany South is installedl”. Changing this one setting  in the Orbx LOWI control panel fixed the black textures for me.

Ah, good call! Mine was incorrectly set that way as well. I'll give it a try. Thank you. 

- Aaron