Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Black patches 4.2

As far as I know, this problem only exists since P3D 4.2 Update.

I have seen those black/night textures around the globe (and also in FT Sydney), usually not far away from the airport. It's really strange.

What I want to try next is to reinstall the 4.2 client. If it still doesn't fix it, I will downgrade to 4.1 as I already have enough of reinstalling, testing, rebuilding cfg's,...

Not sure who to blame in this case. Lockheed Martin? Orbx?

Edited by fly_edds

Regards, Sebastian

Ran into the same issue after a full update to P3D 4.5. It is an ORBX problem but it's a simple fix. Just verify the files for all your ORBX products. All fixed now.

Dave

• Upvote 1

Dave Paige

I was having the same issue after updating to P3D v4.5, but only in North America, and an uninstall and re-install of of ORBX open LC NA fixed it, and it only took a few minutes.

Hi, I seem to have a very similar problem, but I'm struggling to understand what is causing it.

I recently went to Luqa(Malta) LMML and the 'black' patches are all across the airport. Actually it is 'black with night lights' rather than black.

So then I picked an Italian airport at random, LIBL, and that is exactly the same. Big 'night' patches all over the airport.

I have Prepar3d 4.5., and my Orbx sceneries are EU England, and NA Southern California, plus the Orbx libraries. I don't have any of the other global Orbx addons.

Apart from this, I have FSDreamTeam airports in USA, and UK2000 airports in UK.

Do you think one of these is causing this, or could it be something else, changing the elevation in some way? I thought I'd ask before I uninstall them one by one.

Any advice is appreciated

Do you have the orbx global base? I assume you do as you have regions? 

Anyway just verify files on orbx global base pack. That should fix it. 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

8 minutes ago, djbully said:

Do you have the orbx global base? I assume you do as you have regions? 

Anyway just verify files on orbx global base pack. That should fix it. 

Hi, no I don't have global base.

When I purchased England and Southern California, there was no other requirement listed.

But I also downloaded Orbx libraries, I think that was direct from the FTX Central 3 software.

I tried verifying the libraries but that didn't fix it. I'm uninstalling all scenery now to get to the cause of it.

Thanks for the suggestion