Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

My P3D broken, need advice

So I had a perfectly working good install of P3D v4.1.  I had it this way for about a month and then tried to overclock.  I have to admit, the overclock was not stable so I reverted back to default.  Now I have just upgraded to P3D v4.2 and the sim is badly broken.  I just did the client install, updated FSUIPC, rebuilt the CFG and deleted the shaders.  I also updated FSL A320 and ran the update for the PMDG 747.  Here are my symptoms.

- Menu bar items sometimes cannot be selected.  If they are, items like FSUIPC sometimes don't open.  Click and nothing happens.

- In the aircraft menu items (from the FMC) don't work.  Can't close doors on A320, PDMG fuel weights don't change.

- Aircraft seem to slowly move on the ground with no way to control them.

- My Yoke, throttle, pedals don't work.

I really don't know what to do.  I had it working with the first install of the A320 for a test without issue and then boom things stopped working.

I have re-installed the 4.2 client, did not fix.  I have reverted back to 4.1, same issue.  

So, do I have to run a complete reinstall of Prepar3d v4?  And if so, for the items that have been installed in the addon folder I created (Using Lorby) is there an easy way to add them back in even with full reinstall?

thanks in advance for the help.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Hello.

I am not sure of it makes you feel better but you are not the only one. I had pretty much same issues. I asked so many questions in different forums to find solution but nothing helped me. I was suggested to try to do a Repair, a Client Install\Repair should not effect Add On's (at least that what I read, maybe someone could correct me). For me a Repair option did not work, when I ran Repair another window opened showing me just like I still had v4.1 installed, however in P3D info it was shown v4.2. I though something went wrong during client update even though I did everything as it says in tutorials here in forum. 

I ended up doing full reinstall. I uninstalled all my aircraft, Ezdok. I left addons like AS2016, ASCA, UTLive where there were. So far P3D is working fine. I installed back PMDG aircraft only. I am still thinking about ORBX stuff. Looks like FTX Central is still in testing so I am not sure if I want to add ORBX back or wait till FTX Central will be compatible with v4.2. Some people stated that it is compatible but I did not see it in ORBX support forum though, it still says FTX Central v3.2.5.4 to Fastlane users. There is also like tutorial how to keep your ORBX stuff if you do full reinstall. 

• Upvote 1

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Don't worry guys.....it all depends on many factors. We all did update and some with no hitch but some had issues. Me as well, but my problem was EZCA. Once downloaded new beta everything worked well. Also note that once you update you have to set your P3D again, displays and everything else. Planes like PMDG, if you had set before as CLDDRK are now "live", so everything again needs to be set. Also, run your calibration, Yoke, pedals etc. If using EZCA run config tool, ASP4 needs to be updated. 

So one by one and you will eliminate issues. ORBX didn't needed to be touched, FTX as well if you just did update only Client. But if you keep un-installing and installing everything than you might have a problems and need more time to set everything up.

P.S. PMDG planes should be ok, at least I didn't had any issues and I am with old FSUIPC and all works.

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

3 hours ago, MarkW said:

So I had a perfectly working good install of P3D v4.1.  I had it this way for about a month and then tried to overclock.  I have to admit, the overclock was not stable so I reverted back to default.  Now I have just upgraded to P3D v4.2 and the sim is badly broken.  I just did the client install, updated FSUIPC, rebuilt the CFG and deleted the shaders.  I also updated FSL A320 and ran the update for the PMDG 747.  Here are my symptoms.

- Menu bar items sometimes cannot be selected.  If they are, items like FSUIPC sometimes don't open.  Click and nothing happens.

Guys, there have been several threads in this forum about v4.2 problems. I highly recommend reading some that have appeared in the last few days like the one below.

One thing I noticed is that you haven't said whether you have reverted back to the previous version of FSUIPC (5.122) - the most recent one (5.123c) is broken.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

31 minutes ago, F737NG said:

One thing I noticed is that you haven't said whether you have reverted back to the previous version of FSUIPC (5.122) - the most recent one (5.123c) is broken.

I haven't reverted back and all good for now. As I said many factors...not exactly sure which but it appears to be different system work differently I guess...

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

I don't know if this helps or not, but we found some problems with the Client Only Download.  Downloaded the complete product, unzipped and installed the Client Only and everything was fine.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I don't know if this helps or not, but we found some problems with the Client Only Download.  Downloaded the complete product, unzipped and installed the Client Only and everything was fine.

Best wishes.

Interesting...Lockheed Martin is aware about that ? (I have not yet jumping on 4.2)

Thanks and Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

13 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

Interesting...Lockheed Martin is aware about that ? (I have not yet jumping on 4.2)

Thanks and Regards,

I don't know for sure, but I would assume so. I'm not a Beta Tester for LM and the only thing I communicate with them are on pre-release changes, not post release.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I think I may have fixed it using the advice from Poppet in this thread.  I essentially deleted the 3 generated folders and when I ran the sim again it seems to be working normally.  Whew!

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

46 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I may have fixed it using the advice from Poppet in this thread.

She is amazing!

Dave Hodges