Sign in to follow this  
Angelo Cosma

XP11 Constantly getting "Low Memory" Or "Scenery Loading Disabled"

Hey guys, I am looking for some help on this, I have tried all I know so far. I am very frequently getting the two above warnings/errors all the time and I never used to.

XP11.20vr3

IXEG 737 or FF A320.

Intel i7 6700K HT On 4.80Ghz, 16GB Ram, SSD, EVGA 1080Ti 11gb.

Settings are in the snapshot below and my native resolution is 3440x1440.

I have no idea what else to try, I have no scripts running in FlyWithLUA, and nothing else that I can think of that would be interfering. 

fml3ll.jpg

43 minutes ago, Angelo Cosma said:

Hey guys, I am looking for some help on this, I have tried all I know so far. I am very frequently getting the two above warnings/errors all the time and I never used to.

XP11.20vr3

IXEG 737 or FF A320.

Intel i7 6700K HT On 4.80Ghz, 16GB Ram, SSD, EVGA 1080Ti 11gb.

Settings are in the snapshot below and my native resolution is 3440x1440.

I have no idea what else to try, I have no scripts running in FlyWithLUA, and nothing else that I can think of that would be interfering. 

fml3ll.jpg

Are you using VR?

11.20 is for VR and is not stable yet. Neither the ixeg nor the ffA320 fully support VR either.

Monitor your ram (via taskmanager) and Vram (via GPU-Z) usage during your flights. What scenery are using? Stock? HDMesh? Orthos (ZL?)? 

Just now, domae001 said:

Monitor your ram (via taskmanager) and Vram (via GPU-Z) usage during your flights. What scenery are using? Stock? HDMesh? Orthos (ZL?)? 

Stock and MisterX6 sceneries and one HM Mesh pack for the PHX area. I have a RAM readout on my keyboard and its never over 60%, the Vram I changed the texture quality to high, you really think it exceeds 10+ gb?

Just now, Angelo Cosma said:

Stock and MisterX6 sceneries and one HM Mesh pack for the PHX area. I have a RAM readout on my keyboard and its never over 60%, the Vram I changed the texture quality to high, you really think it exceeds 10+ gb?

I have a 1070 and it can go up to 7GB on a 1920x1080 resolution. Considering your resolution is way higher, I wouldn't rule it out completely, though it's rather unlikely when you don't use orthos. I'd suggest monitor Vram usage nevertheless just to make sure.

This warning is very likely NOT about VRAM (even though - as correctly pointed out - VRAM issues are nevertheless something to be take seriously, as they can ruin FPS etc.).

And I suppose "HM Mesh pack" (please, try to be correct in what you communicate guys ... that helps everybody) you mean "HD Mesh Scenery" (likely v4 ?). And yes, with that you can - again depending on the region you load up -  easily fill quite a bit of System  RAM.

So, if you fly in a region with some serious amount of HD Mesh Data (usually mountains, large cities, areas with lots of landscape variations) and also add some detailed airport sceneries (MisterX6 is well known and loved for that) you can push your RAM usage easily close to 16 GByte (oh, and depending on the aircraft you use, it can also put more or less RAM usage into the equation)  ... Or maybe if your OS is doing some other RAM "hungry" things in the background too, you can start to run out of it.

Simply put: nowadays 16 GB RAM is definitely not too much .... and can - depending on how (which add-ons etc.) you use XP11 -  be even far too little!

(for users who can afford it and want to use XP11 with a lot of add-ons, 32 GB tends to be the "safe" bet ... but for sure not a must)

Just for kicks, try dropping your resolution to  1920 X 1080 and see what happens.  My IXEG runs at about mid thirties with higher settings (except 1920 X 1080) and all I have is i7-4770 (3.2/3.8 Turbo), 16 GB DDRAM, GTX 1070 8GB.

I know that higher resolutions are the thing nowadays, but smooth flying is what I look for and, if I can get it with my rig, you certainly should be able to with yours.

Also, unless you are running VR, drop back to 11.11.  Much more stable for us non-VR guys.

John

John Wingold

5 hours ago, jh71 said:

Another thing, how is your paging file set? It is recommended to let the OS handle this.

Your problem is probably this, I have similar specs and never had that issue, and I use orthos with zl 17/18 and I play in 4k and VR, set your page file half the size of your ram, so 8gb(on ssd)

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

So far I changed the page file back to OS control and things have stabilized, so fingers crossed right now. Wonder why / how did that mess things up?

I have the same problem but only in one certain area. That is Oregon from the US Orthoproject. But here it is a 100% thing. I monitored my Ram and yes, its that that gets full, not the VRAM. The thing is that nothing here i see different as in other areas. Sure, i use US Orthoproject but i use that in the rest of US too and in EU i even use some higher ZL ortho and t works just fine. 

For example Spain, i use up to ZL 19 in some parts and have never OOM. But as soon i near Oregon from USOrthoproject i see how the sim gets more and more laggy, resulting in an OOM at one point.

I deleted all the areas out of there, went from HDMesh 4 to 3, nothing helps.

Ive seen one day something that some sceneries can cause memory leaks, how can i search for the problem here?

BetaTeamB.png

Put a page file with a fixed size on a SSD. Around 16 or 20 GB should do.

I haven't seen a memory related error or crash ever since having done that and I only have 8 GB RAM and run HD Mesh v4 and maximum object density on my desktop PC ("high density" on my laptop that also has 8 GB).

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days