Sign in to follow this  

New FSLabs installation not working for P3D v4.2

I just upgraded to v4.2 and had to update the FSlabs a320 but my first attempt resulted with no sounds and black screens and no animations and a warning about cmdhost.exe, I uninstalled and reinstalled realizing I forgot SpotLights v2.0.0.7, I installed the A320 and restarted my computer, then proceeded to install spotlights and now the sim won't even start. I've tried uninstalling both and now the sim still won't start. Will I need to do a full reinstall of P3D and all the addons? Thanks. P.S. very sorry if this already came up, but I did my research before making this post and haven't been able to find anything on it.

14 minutes ago, seaniez said:

I just upgraded to v4.2 and had to update the FSlabs a320 but my first attempt resulted with no sounds and black screens and no animations and a warning about cmdhost.exe, I uninstalled and reinstalled realizing I forgot SpotLights v2.0.0.7, I installed the A320 and restarted my computer, then proceeded to install spotlights and now the sim won't even start. I've tried uninstalling both and now the sim still won't start. Will I need to do a full reinstall of P3D and all the addons? Thanks. P.S. very sorry if this already came up, but I did my research before making this post and haven't been able to find anything on it.

Well before you un-install, I've had a lot of performance problems with 4.2 and the new FLS build.

Andrew suggested i do this

you could try running the DeleteGeneratedFiles script in your root P3D folder

I did, now be warned you will lose your installs of none xml addons but you will not lose the install so you can add them back I found out tonight.

It's a drastic step but after you do it, you have to start p3d, and close it. Open Orbx center and that will give you back all of orbx. When you open P3D all your xml addons will be put back.

I gained around 20% FPS boost on all aircraft apart from the FSL:blink: but it really does sort of give you a reinstall with out re-installing.

If you have nothing to lose try it.

O and the FSL was even even more stutters after but I then uninstalled the A320 and spot lights, then Installed the A320 first then spot lights and it's now running "OK"

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

@seaniez and @Nyxx

If you must launch the "Delete Generated Files", read below the post from Robert Scott on the FsLabs forum :

"There are two, repeat two add-ons.cfg files in P3Dv4, the first one is located at:

C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\

and the second one is located at:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\

In each of these config files is a series of Package.x entries that point P3Dv4 to a directory that contains an add-on.xml file with the particulars for each add-on, and they could be sceneries, aircraft, support .dll program files etc.

I strongly advise anyone contemplating using the "Delete Generated FIles" tool to manually copy these files--BOTH of them--to a safe place *before* hitting the reset button.  I don't know of any easy way to rebuild these, short of recovering from a backup.  If your number of add-ons is low, you could manually rebuild the file, which is comprised of entries like:

[Package.xxx] xxx is a unique sequential number Path=full justified path to the directory containing the add-on.xml file goes here Active=TRUE Required=FALSE So, in your example, assuming Package.9 is the last one defined in the file: [Package.10] Path=E:\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FSLabs Active=TRUE Required=FALSE [Package.11] Path=E:\Prepar3D Add-ons\Spotlights Active=TRUE Required=FALSE would point P3Dv4 to the add-on.xml with the loading details for your A320 and Spotlights installations

This would have to be done for each of your add-ons.  You also need to ensure the entries are not duplicated between the two add-ons.cfg files.

P. S. You should use a program like Notepad++ to edit the add-ons.cfg files lest you alter the character set used and *really* bugger up your installation"

Hope this help...

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

2 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

@seaniez and @Nyxx

If you must launch the "Delete Generated Files", read below the post from Robert Scott on the FsLabs forum :

"There are two, repeat two add-ons.cfg files in P3Dv4, the first one is located at:

C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\

and the second one is located at:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\

In each of these config files is a series of Package.x entries that point P3Dv4 to a directory that contains an add-on.xml file with the particulars for each add-on, and they could be sceneries, aircraft, support .dll program files etc.

I strongly advise anyone contemplating using the "Delete Generated FIles" tool to manually copy these files--BOTH of them--to a safe place *before* hitting the reset button.  I don't know of any easy way to rebuild these, short of recovering from a backup.  If your number of add-ons is low, you could manually rebuild the file, which is comprised of entries like:

[Package.xxx] xxx is a unique sequential number Path=full justified path to the directory containing the add-on.xml file goes here Active=TRUE Required=FALSE So, in your example, assuming Package.9 is the last one defined in the file: [Package.10] Path=E:\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FSLabs Active=TRUE Required=FALSE [Package.11] Path=E:\Prepar3D Add-ons\Spotlights Active=TRUE Required=FALSE would point P3Dv4 to the add-on.xml with the loading details for your A320 and Spotlights installations

This would have to be done for each of your add-ons.  You also need to ensure the entries are not duplicated between the two add-ons.cfg files.

P. S. You should use a program like Notepad++ to edit the add-ons.cfg files lest you alter the character set used and *really* bugger up your installation"

Hope this help...

Regards,

Hi,

this is not entirely correct.

"C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg" is automatically rewritten every time that you run P3D. Into this file the autodiscovery process of P3D writes all the packages (=add-on.xmls) that it finds in "\Documents\Prepar3D V4 Add-ons". Editing or making a backup of this file is pointless.

"C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg" on the other hand contains all addons that have been added using the P3D command line tools (see "Learning Center -> SDK -> Add-ons -> Add-on Configuration Files"). Making a backup of this file is indeed necessary if you plan to rebuild your simulator. Otherwise you have to reinstall all addons that are using this method (there aren't that many)

Neither of these two files should ever be edited manually, not by the user and not by an installer program.

Best regards

• Upvote 2

LORBY-SI

Thanks for clarifying that, Oliver.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471