Sign in to follow this  
regis9

P3Dv4.2 - Lost Use of Num Pad Del Key

I have touched nothing.  It's just stock v4.2 installed.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

3 hours ago, WarpD said:

I have touched nothing.  It's just stock v4.2 installed.

So, you uninstalled the full v4.1 and installed the v4.2 from scratch. If so, you had to activate your payware add-ons again, right?

Patricio Valdes

1. I have no addons installed.

2. That would depend on how v4 compliant the addon is.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

It sounds like if V4.1 is complete uninstalled and later v4.2 is installed in Full via Setup then the NumPad will work as v4.1

So, updating via Client shouldn't be as recommended.

Patricio Valdes

I did a full uninstall/install of p3d and add on's. It seems like it fixed the rudder problem but, when I installed all of Fsdreamteam airports and gsx I lost the right rudder key. Soo it might be from Fsdreamteam.

Dino Rossetti

4 hours ago, dino172 said:

I did a full uninstall/install of p3d and add on's. It seems like it fixed the rudder problem but, when I installed all of Fsdreamteam airports and gsx I lost the right rudder key. Soo it might be from Fsdreamteam.

As I already explained on the FSDT forum:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17411.msg122175.html#msg122175

The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX or FSDT. It seems it's a bug of the sim that, whenever an application starts (most likely one with a menu), the Enter key on the Num pad will stop working.

It happens also with the Menuitems sample application from the 4.2 SDK and NO other addons loaded.

We already reported it to LM.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, dino172 said:

You can stay with v4.1 until v4.2 becomes full tested. I had v4.2 with some issues and went back to v4.1 all fine now. New update......new problem (lol)

Patricio Valdes

At the risk of starting up an older thread, I have been having the same issue, and it only crops up when using Active Sky for P3d V4 (Ver 6641). Any ideas on a work around?

3 hours ago, busdriver said:

At the risk of starting up an older thread, I have been having the same issue, and it only crops up when using Active Sky for P3d V4 (Ver 6641). Any ideas on a work around?

Wait for P3Dv4.3 or higher, otherwise stay with v4.1

Also, you can try P3D Forum Support and/or wait to get answers from other Pilots here.

Patricio Valdes

On 2/19/2018 at 10:18 AM, WarpD said:

I have v4.2 on my system with no addons and the numpad keys work correctly.

Ditto.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

3 minutes ago, pgde said:

Ditto.

Nope. Not for me. Numpad keys only work in latest p3d if numlock is off

Carsten U

3 hours ago, RTK1972 said:

Nope. Not for me. Numpad keys only work in latest p3d if numlock is off

NumPad keys work on any sim but example: P3Dv4.2 numpad keys work different than v4.1

If you don't mind how the v4.2 numpad keys work then you can live with as is. I stay with v4.1 because I prefer the way on how the numpad keys work. I don't like on how the numpad keys work from v4.2

You decide what P3Dv4 version to keep

Edited by trisho0
editing further

Patricio Valdes

P3D v4.2 loses numkey views when starting a session.

They work fine for a few seconds until Ultimate Traffic Live initiates and populates the sim with AI traffic.

Maybe this helps pinpoint the compatability issue.

15 minutes ago, Wotaplonker said:

P3D v4.2 loses numkey views when starting a session.

They work fine for a few seconds until Ultimate Traffic Live initiates and populates the sim with AI traffic.

Maybe this helps pinpoint the compatability issue.

P3Dv4 version 4.1 is the solution

Patricio Valdes