Sign in to follow this  
regis9

P3Dv4.2 - Lost Use of Num Pad Del Key

Hello, 

For as long as I can remember pressing the numpad del key would reset the view for lack of a better term.  I used it a lot in fixed spot view to re-centre the view directly behind the aircraft looking straight forward.  I updated to p3d4.2 tonight and pressing the DEL key does not do anything.  I went looking in the control settings thinking I would just reset the key but I couldn't figure out what function that would be...help?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I'm also having issues with my front view changing views (going into runway) after switching views on my PMDG 737.

I basically went back to Client 4.1.

Tim

Since updating to v4.2 it doesn't appear that any of the num pad keys have any response in the sim...at least on my system.  In spot view the perimeter number keys (7,8,9,6, etc.) no longer cause the camera to rotate around the exterior view of the a/c either.

Dave - To answer your initial question, I believe the entry you are looking for is under controls - views - Look (reset to forward view).  The default assignment shows that Shift+Num Delete should work, but it doesn't in my case.  But maybe if you assign it to a key other than a num pad key you'll at least get back the function you want.

Cheers,

Kevin 

• Upvote 1

Kevin S

8 hours ago, Kevlar01 said:

Since updating to v4.2 it doesn't appear that any of the num pad keys have any response in the sim...at least on my system.  In spot view the perimeter number keys (7,8,9,6, etc.) no longer cause the camera to rotate around the exterior view of the a/c either.

Dave - To answer your initial question, I believe the entry you are looking for is under controls - views - Look (reset to forward view).  The default assignment shows that Shift+Num Delete should work, but it doesn't in my case.  But maybe if you assign it to a key other than a num pad key you'll at least get back the function you want.

Cheers,

Kevin 

I found that the number pad keys have a new default assignment for axis controls and pitch trim. You can rest them to the traditional view pan assignments in the options control section.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Same here glad I'm not going crazy.

Why did they change that???  I look forward to hearing from Rob and Elaine the logic of this after those settings have been like that since fs98 as far as I recall. 

14ppkc-6.png

You’re right, none of my numpad keys work as they did before, though del was the only one I used regularly.  Glad to hear I’m not alone on this one.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Whew....thought I broke something. Will have to go in to the UI and reset them. That's all I ever used them for!

Eric 

Interestingly, I assigned that function to my other delete key (next to pgup pgdn on my keyboard) and p3d registered it as “num del”, even though it’s not that key.  Anyway it’s working now.

Dave

Which settings in control UI do we need to change to get it back to how it was? I for some reason cannot figure it out.

Eric 

I wasn’t able to set it to use the numpad del key...doing so resulted in nothing happening.  I had to set it to a new key.  Something seems to be up here.

Dave

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

I wasn’t able to set it to use the numpad del key...doing so resulted in nothing happening.  I had to set it to a new key.  Something seems to be up here.

What are the commands under the control settings that we need to assign? 

Eric 

The numpad keys have always been mapped to the elevator, aileron, rudder, throttle and trim controls.

What seems broken in 4.2 is the modifier of such keys when num-lock is pressed, which used to work for panning around.

It seems 4.2 is a mess in some ways... sigh

• Upvote 1

Enrique Vaamonde

Look (reset to forward view) is the one I used

Dave

2 hours ago, evaamo said:

What seems broken in 4.2 is the modifier of such keys when num-lock is pressed, which used to work for panning around.

+1 Yes exactly.  The flight control adjustments still work with the num pad if Num Lock is off, but with Num Lock ON I don't think it matters what assignments are made because the num pad buttons appear completely unresponsive in that mode.

They've apparently been making a lot of changes to accommodate VR functions in the last few builds, I wonder if that somehow messed up this function.  (Btw I haven't read that anywhere it's just a guess...but it's my own Internet Conspiracy Theory until proven otherwise!  :tongue: )

Cheers, Kevin

Kevin S

Btw there is a two page (and growing) thread over on the P3D forums for this exact issue, so a lot of people are encountering it with 4.2.

So far LM says they haven't been able to reproduce it; their only suggestion so far is to uninstall ALL of your addons and then reinstall them one at a time to see if one of them causes the problem.

Um...no thanks.  :sad:

I mean they may be right in that it's a conflict with an addon somehow, but that's quite a lot of pain to go through to find out for something that was working before.  Besides, in the same thread several have reported that they are having the problem even with a fresh install of 4.2 and before they've done any addons to their installation.

Stay tuned as always.

Kevin S