Sign in to follow this  
regis9

P3Dv4.2 - Lost Use of Num Pad Del Key

Wow, yeah reinstalling all of my addons would be far less pleasant than just living with a remapped key.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Just hold the shift key down and hit the numpad keys like you used to. Problem solved. 

Eric 

I tried that, but shift del did not work even though that’s what was listed in the controls 

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Try NumLock Off first then press "S". Now shift+numpad works as in version 4.1 from outside view.

With NumLock On, Shift+numpad does new actions from outside view.

Do we need to go back from version 4.2 to 4.1?

I don't use DEL key.

Patricio Valdes

13 hours ago, regis9 said:

Interestingly, I assigned that function to my other delete key (next to pgup pgdn on my keyboard) and p3d registered it as “num del”, even though it’s not that key.  Anyway it’s working now.

What is DEL key used for in P3Dv4.1?

Patricio Valdes

4 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Try NumLock Off first then press "S". Now shift+numpad works as in version 4.1 from outside view.

With NumLock On, Shift+numpad does new actions from outside view.

Do we need to go back from version 4.2 to 4.1?

I don't use DEL key.

Do you have chaseplane??? You can assign stuff there 

14ppkc-6.png

9 hours ago, trisho0 said:

What is DEL key used for in P3Dv4.1?

Resetting the view.  Particularly useful in spot view

Dave

7 hours ago, tooting said:

Do you have chaseplane??? You can assign stuff there 

Just learned today is a camera add-on. I don't have it. No plan to give a try on it yet.

Patricio Valdes

I have v4.2 on my system with no addons and the numpad keys work correctly.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

2 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Just learned today is a camera add-on. I don't have it. No plan to give a try on it yet.

All the features of ChasePlane don't work with v 4.2 yet so it may not fix your issue.

Brandon

6 hours ago, WarpD said:

I have v4.2 on my system with no addons and the numpad keys work correctly.

Load aircraft F-22 Raptor (default) and press "S" then check NumLock in ON. Now, press numpad any number. Did it work for you?

Patricio Valdes

Yep... works just fine.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

1 hour ago, WarpD said:

Yep... works just fine.

So, your About is v4.1 correct?

Patricio Valdes

No... it is not.  The About shows 4.2.21.24048.  Just to be clear, you uninstalled your 4.1 before installing 4.2... right?  Because if you didn't... then your install is now messed up.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

12 hours ago, WarpD said:

No... it is not.  The About shows 4.2.21.24048.  Just to be clear, you uninstalled your 4.1 before installing 4.2... right?  Because if you didn't... then your install is now messed up.

I followed the recommended P3D procedures. I uninstalled Client, Content and Scenery. Installed the v4.2 Client, Content and Scenery. I didn't uninstall the full v4.1 Then, all became fine until I found the NumPad changed. I had to use Shift key to make the NumPad to work. I didn't like that so I returned back to v4.1 Now, with V4.1 the NumPad works as I want, like it was and as the FSX and fs9 sims. From my About I had the v4.2 version as yours.

In your v4.2 did you change something to make the NumPad to work as V4.1?

Patricio Valdes