Sign in to follow this  
whamil77

Carenado PA31-310 Navajo Mod v1.0

Just finished the mod to the Navajo.  Includes:

1.  Completely rebuilt KFC-200 Autopilot to more closely comply with the operator's manual.  (Manufacturer's manual included)

2.  Corrected Low Fuel Flow annunciators to more accurately reflect the real-world Navajo.

3.  Performance adjustments to bring the simulator closer to real-world and POH performance numbers.

4. Correct fuel system functionality.  Gauges now show quantity of the selected tank.  Crosfeed works correctly.  Tanks can be switched without engine immediately quitting.

5. Main and baggage door ajar now displays correctly on the annunicator panel.

6. The normal optional throttle and prop matching algorithm.

7. Small FDE changes for flying qualities and performance.

This mod was tested only with the Flight1 GTN 750.  It should work with the default nav...I just didn't test it.

Folks on the list will receive the Mod automatically. 

Anyone who would like to try the mod can PM me a request and an email address and I'll send it along. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

5 hours ago, whamil77 said:

Anyone who would like to try the mod can PM me a request and an email address and I'll send it along. 

Is this for FSX/P3D or X-Plane?

Thanks,
gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Color me "interested"!  PM sent.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Thank you for sharing this !

I believe I followed the installation instructions, but, upon loading the Navajo I get what is an unending altitude warning sound on the ground, in the air, no matter what.  I traced the sound to ALT.wav located in ...\Prepar3D v4\Sound\Carenado\CarSoundPA31310.  I can disable by renaming that file to ALT.off, but wondering if I may have messed something up?

Joe

Joe Lorenc

3 hours ago, Joe L said:

Thank you for sharing this !

I believe I followed the installation instructions, but, upon loading the Navajo I get what is an unending altitude warning sound on the ground, in the air, no matter what.  I traced the sound to ALT.wav located in ...\Prepar3D v4\Sound\Carenado\CarSoundPA31310.  I can disable by renaming that file to ALT.off, but wondering if I may have messed something up?

Joe

Joe,

The only think I can think of is that because I did all of this in P3Dv4, I used the "gauge05=CARSound_PA31310x64!CarSound,  0,0,1,1" in the panel.cfg.  If you are using something other than v4, try removing the "x64" from the line.  It should look like this...

gauge05=CARSound_PA31310!CarSound,  0,0,1,1

Hopefully that will fix the problem. 

Bill

The mod is very much appreciated, many thanks. However, I have been able to get many things to work with the exception of the fuel management indication. I loaded different fuel amounts in each of the four tanks and checked volumes by switching tanks. However, the indicators still indicated L/R side totals regardless of selection. 

I should state that I have made some of my own changes to use the RXP V2 G530 in lieu of the F1 G750. I can't see how that would affect the fuel system but maybe I'm missing something and the instructions are clear that it has not been tested with other than the F1 G750. In any case, I suspect that I've screwed placing files/folders to incorrect locations. Could someone be so kind as to confirm correct placements? 

Again, many thanks for all the effort.

14 hours ago, Les Parson said:

The mod is very much appreciated, many thanks. However, I have been able to get many things to work with the exception of the fuel management indication. I loaded different fuel amounts in each of the four tanks and checked volumes by switching tanks. However, the indicators still indicated L/R side totals regardless of selection. 

I should state that I have made some of my own changes to use the RXP V2 G530 in lieu of the F1 G750. I can't see how that would affect the fuel system but maybe I'm missing something and the instructions are clear that it has not been tested with other than the F1 G750. In any case, I suspect that I've screwed placing files/folders to incorrect locations. Could someone be so kind as to confirm correct placements? 

Again, many thanks for all the effort.

Les,

Make sure you have the appropriate version of XMLTools installed per the instructions.  Without it the fuel system will remain the same.  The new fuel system works through XMLTools and the "Gauge_CLOCK_DIG.xml" file.  Make sure you didn't somehow delete this file from the panel.

Regards,

Bill