Sign in to follow this  
youngie63

Australian aerodrome scenery

G'day All

A question and a request. What criteria are scenery developers (Pay-ware) looking at when preparing to undertake a new aerodrome scenery project keeping in mind the virtue of supply and demand? I ask this because I see numerous airport/aerodrome sceneries out there that the majority of simmers just wouldn't be interested in (my opinion only!). What would it take for a developer to consider a new airport scenery project?

As an Aussie, I like to do a fair bit of domestic stuff (with the odd long haul, love the Queen) but, disappointingly, four of our capital city airports have never been looked at in terms of 'add-ons' - these being Perth (YPPH), Darwin (YPDN), Hobart (YMHB) and to a lesser degree, Adelaide (YPAD) as this has been developed up to P3Dv3, however, I understand no plans are underway to upgrade to v4. I think the Kiwis would be asking a similar question with Auckland (NZAA), Wellington (NZWN) and Christchurch (NZCH) as I'm unaware of any decent pay-ware version for these. We do regular fly-ins across the 'ditch' under the VATPAC umbrella.

I am well aware of the huge numbers associated with simmers across Europe and the US but it would be nice to have 'Oceania' covered with the remainder of our major airports developed. I'm not after a debate, just an understanding why these airports remain as default P3D/FSX sceneries.

cheers Steve

P3Dv4 - PMDG 747 QOTS II, PMDG 737 NGX, Reboot, MT 6, MJC Q400, ORBX. FlyTampa, FS2Crew voice, Aivlasoft EFB + FSX Steam

Guest JustanotherPilot

Steve,

A better than stock versions of Perth and Hobart have been done. Ants has done a great version of Darwin links can be found on this site. Other great detailed airports are also available - YSDU, YSBK, YBHM, YBTL, YAYE, YMRY, YTRE, YBMA. They were designed for FSX but work fine in Prepar3d v3-4.1 Some have been fully updated for Prepar3d 3/4. All freeware or Donation.

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/

A good source for Aussie scenery and aircraft repaints for VH- rego.

Thanks Steve - that's great, appreciate the quick reply. I will certainly have a look at the site but must admit I love the level of detail that ORBX, FlyTampa and co put into their products. I guess my main gripe is the Oz (with the exemption of the east coast) and Kiwi majors have been disregarded by these companies while other nondescript airport scenery gets a guernsey.

Overall, just interested to know it would take for them to consider these majors as a project.

Cheers Steve

P3Dv4 - PMDG 747 QOTS II, PMDG 737 NGX, Reboot, MT 6, MJC Q400, ORBX. FlyTampa, FS2Crew voice, Aivlasoft EFB + FSX Steam

Guest JustanotherPilot

Have to agree ORBX quality Perth, Adelaide, Darwin and Hobart would fill the void nicely ........one day

Orbx had mentioned hobart  as being on their agenda so hopefully it happens

they are also doing gold coast

flightbeam have been doing auckland for a while now