Sign in to follow this  
ScotFlieger

Prepar3D 4.2, FSLabs A320X and LINDA 3.0.5

For those users thinking of upgrading to P3D v4.2 I can confirm that LINDA 3.0.5 works fine with it provided you revert FSUIPC5 back to v5.122. 

The latest FSLABS A320X v231 (requires P3Dv4.2) also works as before with the latest LINDA beta module.

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Can confirm this ;)

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm flying fine just now. Descending into EGLL.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I can confirm, however each time after shutdown there's the message "not enough timers available" popping up. It doesn't happen without LINDA and it doesn't happen with any other A/C. Not a showstopper, but maybe just something worth mentioning...:biggrin:

Thank you lonewulf. I am aware of the 'not enough timers available' message. I do not know the cause and, if it does appear, it can stop LINDA being re-started. However, if you open and close LINDA from within FSUIPC5 you should not get this message.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I have updated my A320 Flightsimlabs, to Prepar3d 4.2, only that it works correctly only with FSUIPC5 123c with the update inserted in the modules folder of FSUIPC5 123d;
in fact LINDA does not work for me.

alean

Asus X99 - E WS | Intel 5960X 3.00 GHz OC 4GHz 8 Cores | DDR4 Corsair 32GB RAM /  Grafic Card Rtx 3080 ti 12g Vram  - | V-NAND SSD 970EVO NVMe M2 1TB | Cool Master M2 Silent Pro 1000W | liquid cooler RL-N28L-20PK-R1 | Windows 10 Pro

There are changes to P3Dv4.2 which is causing problems with SimConnect and add-ons like FSUIPC and therefore LINDA. You need FSUIPC 5.123e or revert to 5.122. If LINDA 3.0.5 ‘freezes’ or becomes slow to respond, close and reopen the GUI. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

On 22.2.2018 at 0:34 PM, ScotFlieger said:

Thank you lonewulf. I am aware of the 'not enough timers available' message. I do not know the cause and, if it does appear, it can stop LINDA being re-started. However, if you open and close LINDA from within FSUIPC5 you should not get this message.

"Open and close from within FSUIPC5?" If I'm not completely wrong this is the "normal" case if LINDA's option "start  GUI with Sim" is checked. I use this option all the time. Nevertheless I get the above mentioned message. Not that it would worry me too much. So far I haven't seen any detrimental effect on LINDA due to this "final message". Just noteworthy, not to worry...:biggrin:

Oskar

I have p3D 4.2 installed with LInda 3.0.5. and FSUIPC 5.124.

I cannot make assignments to any button for the FSLABS A320. Do i have to return to FSUIPC 5.122?

Thank you and kind regards from Germany

Hi Minoan

Welcome to the LINDA forum. You have the correct versions of LINDA and FSUIPC for P3Dv4.2. Note FSUIPC version does not handle LINDA assignments.

I have just double checked and there are no problems assigning functions from the FSLabs A320X module (v0.10a beta) to joystick buttons. The available functions are limited (hence the beta status) due to the lack of a SDK from FSLabs. Only the switches and knobs can be read. The flat buttons and display data are unavailable. Please ensure that Sync to Sim in activated (aircraft outlined in orange).

If the problem persists please follow the Fault Diagnosis thread and email me the log files. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi ,

thank you for your quick response Andrew. After your confirmation, that FSUIPC is not the reason, i investigated my folder architecture again. Then i found my mistake.

I copied the linda-cfg folder into a wrong folder.

Great product and support! Thank You!

Glad you got it sorted. Enjoy.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK