Sign in to follow this  
richardcrew

handle VFR flight following

from KPHX, i requested a VFR flight following on app/dep frequency , and it was a complete silence each time . So, i checked the log as usual to see the problem :/

i would like an explanation of this part of the log where it seems to be the problem :

Recognized Speech: Piper Four Two Seven would like Flight following from Kilo Papa Hotel XRay to Papa Five Two At Eight Thousand Feet 14:16:20
HandleVFRFlightFollowingRequest 14:16:20
Error in OnSpeechRecognized 14:16:20 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at P2A_2018.Controller.ab(String& A_0, SpeechInteraction A_1, String& A_2)
   at P2A_2018.Controller.az(String& A_0, SpeechInteraction A_1, String& A_2)
   at P2A_2018.Controller.RespondToPilot(SpeechInteraction SI)
   at P2A_2018.ATCListener.HandleRecognizedSpeech(Boolean SpeechEmulated)
   at P2A_2018.ATCListener.a(RecognitionResult A_0)
   at P2A_2018.ATCListener.a(Object A_0, SpeechRecognizedEventArgs A_1)
UnInterruptAudio in OnSayItSpeakCompleted 02/18/2018 14:16:20
AudioInterrupts: 0 WaveOutPlayer Playing: 14:16:20
InterruptAudio in SayItSpeak- Phrase: Piper Four Two Seven would like Flight Following from Kilo Papa Hotel XRay  to Papa Five Two at Eight Thousand feet  02/18/2018 14:17:39
AudioInterrupts: 1 WaveOutPlayer Paused: 14:17:39
Recognized Speech: Piper Four Two Seven would like Flight following from Kilo Papa Hotel XRay to Papa Five Two At Eight Thousand Feet 14:17:46
HandleVFRFlightFollowingRequest 14:17:46
Error in OnSpeechRecognized 14:17:46 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at P2A_2018.Controller.ab(String& A_0, SpeechInteraction A_1, String& A_2)
   at P2A_2018.Controller.az(String& A_0, SpeechInteraction A_1, String& A_2)
   at P2A_2018.Controller.RespondToPilot(SpeechInteraction SI)
   at P2A_2018.ATCListener.HandleRecognizedSpeech(Boolean SpeechEmulated)
   at P2A_2018.ATCListener.a(RecognitionResult A_0)
   at P2A_2018.ATCListener.a(Object A_0, SpeechRecognizedEventArgs A_1)

It's possible that the Grammar is not recognizing "Papa Five Two" as an airport, even though that is the correct code, the voice recognition is looking for a 4 letter code.  If you say "Kilo Papa Five Two" it might work.  Just another of those limits caused by dealing with a machine instead of a human.

Dave

i said "KP52" after , but no response : maybe, i was already out of the app/dep freq zone  ,so it explains the silence ... i don't know . Now, i prefer demanding vfr flight following before take off , the handling seems more fluid .

Anyway, i started a new flight from KGCN and now p2a stopped responding (with eternal wheel cursor) when i requested taxi to runway : i send you the log by mail . Hope you find the culprit ! 

Thanks for sending the log.  I found an error in the taxi routing that caused a problem at this particular airport.  It will  be fixed in the next update.

Dave

• Upvote 1