Sign in to follow this  
klamal

Add XP11 - System configuration recommendations?

Hello,

I just completed a new system build(8700k, 32G RAM, 1080Ti and 1TB M.2 SSD).  Due to the release of the Flight Factor A320 and the recent update of the FSLabs, that has not been as I'd hope on my system, I have been looking more and more into adding XP11 to my system.  So, at the moment, a 1TB drive only is not enough.  Especially since I plan to make use of as much Ortho4XP scenery as I possibly can.  So I am wondering what would be the best configurations for a P3Dv4/XP11 setup?  I am thinking of wiping everything in an attempt to get the FSLabs running better.  So, I can change to any type of config in regards to where Windows and the sims "live".  Currently, I am just on one partition for everything w/ P3Dv4 only.  But to add XP11, I am assuming I will want to add at least one more drive(and a large one at that for Ortho scenery).  That leaves me wondering do I maybe install XP11 on the current drive w/ P3Dv4 and then put all its scenery on an additional drive(s)?  I currently have about 300G free on the current drive.  Any thoughts, recommendations and/or current configurations that are working well for others here?

Thank you for your time!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Ortho4XP will eat your HD space, so I would suggest getting a mechanical drive 8TB or 4 TB for it alone.  You can use symlink to get XP11 to see your Ortho folders.  For all other keep them on your fast 1 TB SSD.  I have my Ortho on one 4TB internal drive and they work fine.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020